"Nose cones roll, be careful with that."

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stratos283

Reaction score
I was going through a post and saw hcmbanjo's signature "Nose cones roll, be careful with that." and immediately went into a LMAO fit!:roll: I came upon this cat's videos on Youtube a month or two ago and I swear it's the most hilarious crap I've ever seen on there.

I don't make fun of people with "problems", but I really hope that's his excuse and we don't have that big of a spaz teaching rocketry classes somewhere. Anyone who hasn't seen this guy's "Instructional" videos owes it to themselves to go watch. There are around 18 of them and although sometimes they can get quite painful they are good for a chuckle, or maybe several more! I apologize if this comedian's stuff has already made it's rounds here, I just couldn't keep this to myself anymore after seeing hcmbanjo's signature.

Two of my favorites are as follows:
Instructions for Building Model Rockets : Kit Setup for Building Model Rockets
Instructions for Building Model Rockets : Glues for Building Model Rockets

Comments and criticism are welcome. I'll take the good with the bad.

Stratos283

I was going through a post and saw hcmbanjo's signature "Nose cones roll, be careful with that." and immediately went into a LMAO fit!:roll: I came upon this cat's videos on Youtube a month or two ago and I swear it's the most hilarious crap I've ever seen on there.

I don't make fun of people with "problems", but I really hope that's his excuse and we don't have that big of a spaz teaching rocketry classes somewhere. Anyone who hasn't seen this guy's "Instructional" videos owes it to themselves to go watch. There are around 18 of them and although sometimes they can get quite painful they are good for a chuckle, or maybe several more! I apologize if this comedian's stuff has already made it's rounds here, I just couldn't keep this to myself anymore after seeing hcmbanjo's signature.

Two of my favorites are as follows:
Instructions for Building Model Rockets : Kit Setup for Building Model Rockets
Instructions for Building Model Rockets : Glues for Building Model Rockets

Comments and criticism are welcome. I'll take the good with the bad.

Stratos283

Where is this post located?

Got a youtube link?

I'd seen those videos also, shortly before hcmbanjo mentioned them in a thread and updated his signature with that quote. I'd just gotten started in the hobby and was watching every instructional video I could find, and those were among the hardest to watch.

To be fair, it's incredibly difficult to make videos like this, I've tried and failed myself (not in rocketry but in another part of my life). Talking about things that are on topic, being nervous and saying something just because you feel like you have to, and not having a good editing program to be able to cut out sections of video result in - hard to watch videos.

Even Tim at Apogee makes videos that could definitely use an editor, multiple cameras, close up shots of what he's working on, etc. In a couple of his instructional videos he'll demonstrate something but the camera angle never moves and you can't see the thing he's trying to show you because his hands are blocking it, or it's just too far from the camera. But his videos are still VERY useful overall and I'm VERY glad he's producing them.

Good instructional videos are harder to make than most people realize.

But it's very true that nose cones roll, so be careful with that! :)

Last edited:
Bradycros, just cut and paste those two topics into Youtube.

Mushtang, you are right on point. Even if you are being generous.:D

But I have to agree with you on one thing, Tim Van Milligan's videos are great. They make you want to buy product off of him because he seems to seriously try to be helpful, informative, and above all seems like the consummate professional, one you just want to do business with.

Now, if I could just figure out where I can buy glue at...........

Stratos283

By gawd, them pesky round nose cones do roll, so be careful with that! :rofl:

I was wondering if anybody would recognize that line in my signature.
"Opening a package can be tough . . ."
Another classic line.

I agree, videos can be hard to do well. The NAR videos are very well produced.
But, to have this guy under the name of Expert Village?

He says the word "package" nine times in the first video.
This could make a good drinking game.

Damn you guys are funnier than the master maven of all things CA Professor Rocket himself!!!!!

And Chris, of course you know why "opening a package can be tough" it's "because of how scissors work, and how packaging comes in today's environments."

I tend to overanalyze most things, and by no means am I a psychologist, but after watching all of these, multiple times, I tend to think this guy escaped from the state hospital and is filming this in someone's basement while they're away on vacation.

Well folks, it's been fun, but I'm building a new rocket, and I'm having one helluva time getting this subpackage open.:D

Stratos283

Last edited:
Damn you guys are funnier than the master maven of all things CA Professor Rocket himself!!!!!

And Chris, of course you know why "opening a package can be tough" it's "because of how scissors work, and how packaging comes in today's environments."

I tend to overanalyze most things, and by no means am I a psychologist, but after watching all of these, multiple times, I tend to think this guy escaped from the state hospital and is filming this in someone's basement while they're away on vacation.

Well folks, it's been fun, but I'm building a new rocket, and I'm having one helluva time getting this subpackage open.:D

Stratos283

In todays environment, your gonna need this to open your package.

Attachments

• 100771_lg.jpg
    100771_lg.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 14
When I first became a BAR, I viewed most of the Expert Village videos on the subject. While the person is clearly not a professional presenter, I don't see the harm in his attempt to share rocketry with an internet audience. At least his heart is in the right place.

As a source of quotes, he definitely has a few that worthy of being used in sigs as Chris has done.

Don't bust the guy's chops, tho.

For truly interesting rocketry videos that are done at a much higher level, check out the videos of TRF member "tfish". After viewing Tony Alcocer's videos I have come to realize that I'm merely a trained rocket monkey, a cardboard butcher at best.

What would really bust my chops and make me blush like a 14 year-old girl is if the guy came on here and called me on it. I'd say it's not likely to happen though. He wouldn't want to show us up with his superior rocketry knowledge and ability to complete a Saturn V from start to finish in ten minutes, using nothing but a cheese grater and a bottle of Super Glue.

Stratos283

Last edited:
Also, most x-acto knives roll. Be careful when working in bare feet.

Been there, done that, have the scar to prove it!

Seriously, for some reason, X-Acto knives like to fall point first. My instinct, whenever I drop something is to break its fall with my foot. Bad instinct when barefooted!!! :eek: (hurts too!)

Back