3D Printing Nose cone file for 3D

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can use OpenRocket to create the file for the nosecone. It can be exported direct into Cura and printed from there. Do you know how to use it?
Or you can use the SCAD nosecone generator to give a few more refinements including internal transition across mating area into nosecone. See section below.

Last edited:
You can use OpenRocket to create the file for the nosecone. It can be exported direct into Cura and printed from there. Do you know how to use it?
Or you can use the SCAD nosecone generator to give a few more refinements including internal transition across mating area into nosecone. See section below.
Thank you!

This forum rocks.

The stl file is used by your slicer of choice. The slicer produces the output file for your specific printer. This is found under printer or settings then printer in your specific slicer software.
What printer, filament, slicer program are you using?
Have you printed before?

Last edited:
The stl file is used by your slicer of choice. The slicer produces the output file for your specific printer. This is found under printer or settings then printer in your specific slicer software.
What printer, filament, slicer program are you using?
Have you printed before?
Complete novice on 3D. I bought a Anycubic Kobra 2 Neo FDM 220 X 220 X 250mm PLA 1.75 filament printer for this project. I downloaded the nose cone file to a TF card that came with the printer but the printer couldn’t read so I downloaded MS 3D builder but no help. Not familiar with slicer programs

Complete novice on 3D. I bought a Anycubic Kobra 2 Neo FDM 220 X 220 X 250mm PLA 1.75 filament printer for this project. I downloaded the nose cone file to a TF card that came with the printer but the printer couldn’t read so I downloaded MS 3D builder but no help. Not familiar with slicer programs
Watch some novice YouTube videos.
The stl file is a 3d model. A filament printer needs that turned into gcode for each printing layer. The Gcode says what speed you're moving at between the various specific locations that you want the plastic extruded from/to. And the rate to extrude it.
Your SLICER is the program that does that for you. And then outputs the GCode that your printer recognises. You need a friend to assist you, or contact the local library who will usually do STEM classes. Ask the librarian to point you in the right direction. That's your best option. Librarians are a great source of knowledge. One of them even suggested I read " A day in the life of Ivan Denisovich" Which was a hard read, but worth doing.
But at the moment' you're a long way off understanding printing.

Last edited:
Back