North Texas High Power Launches-NAR/Tripoli

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I don't think they got hit with much based on the WFAA radar and the rain totals look favorable. Keren's is looking to be 72 F with 5-10 mph out of the south. Should be ideal.

The Corsicana launch this weekend is cancelled. The P.O.T.D.A.R.S. got the word this afternoon. A Frisco snap launch has been added as consolation. Asa is still in play (as of 8pm Wednesday). Marlin indicated he may wait till Friday morning to make the call.

www.dars.org

I'm in at about 90% for Asa. Have some work to get ready, but should have 3 or 4 birds ready..... Planning to try out DD with Eggfinder TRS among others.

Anyone able to help with NAR L2 written and Cert flight sign off?

I'm unfamiliar with sign offs, but I am both NAR and Tripoli Level 2 so to the extent I can lend a hand I'm happy to do so.

YAY I'M SO HAPPY :)

I went to Asa and checked the field conditions today. It is muddy and there
was some standing water but the launch is doable even if it was scheduled for
today. So by the time Saturday comes the field will be even better.

HOTROC ASA LAUNCH IS “GO” FOR SATURDAY, FEB 27TH

I called the landowners, got permission. Waiver is “go”.

I need a head count to determine if we can afford the Port O Jon
and the donations help make that possible. So please respond, asap,
so I can call for it, in the morning. Sorry for the short notice but
with the amount of rain and field conditions, we had to wait.

Marlin

Marlin is also trying to get a head count on how many people to expect. If you are going to be there could you leave a reply and I will forward it on to him. Thanks.

EEV_J-Pq.jpeg

YAY I'M SO HAPPY :)

I went to Asa and checked the field conditions today. It is muddy and there
was some standing water but the launch is doable even if it was scheduled for
today. So by the time Saturday comes the field will be even better.

HOTROC ASA LAUNCH IS “GO” FOR SATURDAY, FEB 27TH

I called the landowners, got permission. Waiver is “go”.

I need a head count to determine if we can afford the Port O Jon
and the donations help make that possible. So please respond, asap,
so I can call for it, in the morning. Sorry for the short notice but
with the amount of rain and field conditions, we had to wait.

Marlin

:wave:

I ordered a Eggfinder a few weeks ago hoping to get it in before Asa but I didn't. So does anybody have a Eggfinder that I could use at Asa or a tracker similar in size? I would greatly appreciate it if you did.

I ordered a Eggfinder a few weeks ago hoping to get it in before Asa but I didn't. So does anybody have a Eggfinder that I could use at Asa or a tracker similar in size? I would greatly appreciate it if you did.

I have a GPS tracker that you can use. It will fit in anything bigger than a 38mm tube.

I've got an EggFinder TRS and LCD. My plans are still up in the air, but if I make it, your welcome to fly it first as I'd be using it for DD. I've got some 2S lipo's that about the same size as a 9v to power it.

I've got an EggFinder TRS and LCD. My plans are still up in the air, but if I make it, your welcome to fly it first as I'd be using it for DD. I've got some 2S lipo's that about the same size as a 9v to power it.
Ok great thanks for the offer but I think I'll go with Jeff's offer.

Okay, so pretty much everybody knows I'll be there. I'll be flying and kicking back mostly, not vending. However, I am bringing all prior orders. I'll also bring any motors ordered before say 5 am tomorrow morning. If I'm out chasing down a rocket then just call my cell.

Looking forward to tomorrow. I hear of some pretty big projects going up which I can't wait to see!

I am planning on flying Uber Pike on a an M1419W tomorrow and Marlin has a big 2 stage and more on tap. One team ask to fly an N but I don't know if they are ready . should be a good day.

I will be there with a friends and and my new 3" rocket!... Kind of late in the day so absolutely fine if it doesn't happen could someone try and bring a 54mm-38mm Motor mount a adapter? The 3" is a 54mm and it's be nice to do a shakedown on a 38mm motor.

I will be there with a friends and and my new 3" rocket!... Kind of late in the day so absolutely fine if it doesn't happen could someone try and bring a 54mm-38mm Motor mount a adapter? The 3" is a 54mm and it's be nice to do a shakedown on a 38mm motor.
Nice to see that you're going I'll bring my 54-38 adapter for you

Looks like I'll be headed down for Fort Worth around 11:30. See you guys around 1 hopefully. I hope to see the Uber Pike..... If it doesn't fly before I make it.

Really want to be there but too many things going on to break away....:(

The good news is that the working 6-7 days a week is over for a good while and will have time to do some building and eventually some flying.

Hopefully you guys had a great launch. I wanted to make it but I woke up this morning running a fever. I figured it wouldn't be a good idea to make the drive.

Marlin's rocket was found and recovered from the creek with minor damage . The motor cases and chutes were fine and electronics are probably dead. Special thanks to Steve on the rescue .

Back