North Texas High Power Launches-NAR/Tripoli

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody see Jim Parker's 3 airstart rocket? How'd it go??

I think it drifted too long between the first and second stages and the safeguard kicked in on the third stage and deployed the parachute. It was a nice flight though!

Was the 2nd pair of air starts a mixture of propellant types? I looked at the flight card and it was something like a K-1400 ish, then airstarting a Green J and Red J, then airstarting a pair of H-110's.

Thanks Robert, I feel like I took on too much as RSO and pad manager and trying to get pictures and was only fair at each job .Next time I will get a helper and if you want pictures and I am busy you are welcome to get the camera and Go-Pro from me. Sorry I didn't get more of your flights.
I would be happy to help out with RSO and pad manager duty at the next launch Robert

Wow... A ton of my InteR/Ceptor in flight photos there....:) An embarrassment of riches!

I hope you happened to get a few of my other white rocket glider I flew late in the day, the Douglas D-558-III Skyflash.
Would love to post them in the design build thread as I have none of that model in flight yet. (That was the test flight/first launch)

A huge thank you for both the RSO work and the photo work at this super launch.

Wow... A ton of my InteR/Ceptor in flight photos there....:) An embarrassment of riches!

I hope you happened to get a few of my other white rocket glider I flew late in the day, the Douglas D-558-III Skyflash.
Would love to post them in the design build thread as I have none of that model in flight yet. (That was the test flight/first launch)

A huge thank you for both the RSO work and the photo work at this super launch.
those are the highlights on the interceptor, 8 frames a second captures a lot of near duplicates. I will look for the other plane but it might have been after I left. William was with me and I had to get him back on time.

I loved the pics! The ones of my MD going up were great! Thanks so much for doing that. I think I see a new TRF profile pick in the making. :D

Yes, very nice. Do you recall which motors are in each picture? I know the first is Poker's 3 x I140, there's an I280, probably a J425 and I140...

Yeah my GoPro got some really nice shots out in ASA I wish I could've used it on more rockets out there. And I think the motors in the pic are I140W, H210R, I500T, Poker's 3 I140W, I280 sparky, H238T

Just a heads up, not a launch announcement but there is a possibility of a launch at Asa on Feb 13.

Probably less than 50:50 odds for me at Asa again. Much better for the DARS launch at end of month.

HOTROC Official Announcement

Saturday, Feb 13th, 9 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
Launch Fee $15.00

This is a Tripoli sanctioned launch
All Tripoli rules apply
Please bring Tripoli-NAR membership
cards and present your card at registration
No one under 18 years old near High Power pads
unsupervised by Level 2 Flyer

Waiver to 11,000 ft. with Call-ins to 18,000 ft.
Launch Fees, 1 Day $15.00

Port-O-Jon will be provided (donations accepted)

Remember: This is a working farm, large trucks &
equipment use the road, road must be kept clear

All children must be supervised at all times

Please keep all pets on leash

It would be much appreciated if everyone would pick
up any trash or anything that doesn't belong on field

I am proud to help make these "events" an "occasion"

Marlin Philyaw
TRA# 2329 - L 3
Prefect
Triopli Waco #012

__._,_.___

__._,_.___

Looks official to me! Sadly, I can't make it. Best of wishes to those who can make it!

No go for me:mad: I have been putting off too many chores/maintenance/honey do's this year for rocketry & football. Also I have a photo gig that will occupy one weekend.
So fly em high guys.

Looks like I'm going to get to go to Asa this weekend.

Robert, you flying that big orange beast on a M this time?

Looks like I'm going to get to go to Asa this weekend.

Robert, you flying that big orange beast on a M this time?

Not this week-end . I will be there but it is Valentine's day and my wife's birthday week-end, it is only by planning a big Friday and Sunday and paying for a Spa day on Saturday do I even get to go to Asa.

Back