North Texas High Power Launches-NAR/Tripoli

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a first look at my pictures from the launch,1100 of them. Because I was going between check-in and helping at the pads and trying to get pictures I did not get every flight or many people shots. I put about 50 pictures on the Hotroc's Facebook page for now. If you subscribe to Hotroc's emails you will see that Jim Jarvis posted an awesome video of the launch shot from a drone.

Robert H's Gt-r on a Skidmark:

[video=youtube;uPw_QSMLE2c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPw_QSMLE2c&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Haha, I really appreciate whoever had that high pitched giggle on the video. Happy to hear that he enjoyed the launch. :p

I got a first look at my pictures from the launch,1100 of them. Because I was going between check-in and helping at the pads and trying to get pictures I did not get every flight or many people shots. I put about 50 pictures on the Hotroc's Facebook page for now. If you subscribe to Hotroc's emails you will see that Jim Jarvis posted an awesome video of the launch shot from a drone.

Are those pictures viewable from the public site?

When is the next high power launch in the North Texas area? ...I'd like to come watch.

Thank you!

Didn't know Hotroc's had a FB page. Just requested to join... Any pictures of my rockets?

I just watched the video and that was when we were gone for Marlin's rocket. You know that hitting the RSO's truck is a big problem, Right ?

I just watched the video and that was when we were gone for Marlin's rocket. You know that hitting the RSO's truck is a big problem, Right ?

Uhh, I thought the RSO's truck was a target? Am I mistaking?????

When is the next high power launch in the North Texas area? ...I'd like to come watch.

Thank you!
Nothing on the calendar yet. These launches usually come up pretty quickly without much notice because there are a lot of variables involved in doing one. Your best bet is to keep an eye on this thread, when there is a launch coming up you will know it :w:

Here are my best images, not so great though :mad:, I will have to get my tele lens checked out.:facepalm: I included an aviation image of mine so U all don't think I am full of it. :blush: Sorry I couldn't do better.123r_0064.jpg123r_0096.jpg123r_0109.jpg123r_0137.jpg123r_0146.jpg123rp_0086.jpgraw735.jpg

Here are my best images, not so great though :mad:, I will have to get my tele lens checked out.:facepalm: I included an aviation image of mine so U all don't think I am full of it. :blush: Sorry I couldn't do better.View attachment 280630View attachment 280631View attachment 280632View attachment 280633View attachment 280634View attachment 280635View attachment 280636

Awesome man! My Beer rocker in the sixth picture. A J-315R. This is the only document of me flying High Power since 1995! Thanks man!

Here is a close pic of my 4" Triple Threat on 3 AT I140W motors about to clear the rail, thanks to Jacob Mehr for this one.

12540841_1713012558956919_7381712877756053732_n.jpg

That looks really nice. What's the floor area and approximate price tag on something like that?

This building is 1500 SF at about $28/SF, which includes site grading, 6 inch post tension concrete slab on drilled piers, 12 foot sidewalls with 4 in 12 pitch, 4" roof and wall insulation, operable ridge vent, gutters and downspouts, four windows, two exterior doors and one 12 x 10 overhead door. Charlie and I did the plumbing rough-in and will eventually do the finish out. It's only money and fortunately most of it is not mine. But it is nice and is both termite and woodpecker free!

Some outstanding pictures and vids from Asa. Thanks from the armchair flight line. :)

Thank you!

The Art Applewhite site has all the skinny on standing launches, clubs, field coordinates, etc., etc., etc. in the great state of Texas. https://www.artapplewhite.com/launches.html

From here you can link to club websites and get yourself added to the mailing lists that get you all the last minute adds and cancellations.

Last edited:
What a fantastic place to fly rockets and a spectacular day to fly them! I wish I could have been there and glad y'all had a great day outdoors. The drone video was truly spectacular. This is going on my bucket list! :smile:

This building is 1500 SF at about $28/SF, which includes site grading, 6 inch post tension concrete slab on drilled piers, 12 foot sidewalls with 4 in 12 pitch, 4" roof and wall insulation, operable ridge vent, gutters and downspouts, four windows, two exterior doors and one 12 x 10 overhead door. Charlie and I did the plumbing rough-in and will eventually do the finish out. It's only money and fortunately most of it is not mine. But it is nice and is both termite and woodpecker free!

Who's the builder? After plumbing and HVAC, about $33/sf all in?

Who's the builder? After plumbing and HVAC, about $33/sf all in?

My son Charlie is the "builder" and I am his "foreman". The building kit was sold by Rhino Steel Building Systems out of Denton but the actual building was engineered and fabricated by Schulte Building Systems of Hockley, Texas. Our erection contractor was Jeremy Earnhart, this guy: https://www.facebook.com/JEarnhartInc/?fref=ts I highly recommend Jeremy as a building contractor. As for these suppliers, well, they operate like a car dealership. So do your homework and plan ahead especially regarding doors and windows.

$33/per square foot is very optimistic for a finished out space. I am planning on making a 1/2" = 1'-0" scale model and I'll post pictures when I do. :smile:

My son Charlie is the "builder" and I am his "foreman". The building kit was sold by Rhino Steel Building Systems out of Denton but the actual building was engineered and fabricated by Schulte Building Systems of Hockley, Texas. Our erection contractor was Jeremy Earnhart, this guy: https://www.facebook.com/JEarnhartInc/?fref=ts I highly recommend Jeremy as a building contractor. As for these suppliers, well, they operate like a car dealership. So do your homework and plan ahead especially regarding doors and windows.

$33/per square foot is very optimistic for a finished out space. I am planning on making a 1/2" = 1'-0" scale model and I'll post pictures when I do. :smile:

You're going to finish out the interior? Looks like it's time to setup the machines and shelves to me!

You're going to finish out the interior? Looks like it's time to setup the machines and shelves to me!

Part of the interior will be the Mother of All Mancaves, roughly 600 of the 1500 square feet. But first we need to set a meter base and service panel and run an underground electric service. Then we need to extend my existing drive to the new building which will require more grading, a culvert and crushed rock. A lot of work and the $$$ add up quickly which is why I must repair the old shop/garage. Now if I had your money...... :wink:

Last edited:
Part of the interior will be the Mother of All Mancaves, roughly 600 of the 1500 square feet. But first we need to set a meter base and service panel and run an underground electric service. Then we need to extend my existing drive to the new building which will require more grading, a culvert and crushed rock. A lot of work and the $$$ add up quickly which is why I must repair the old shop/garage. Now if I had your money...... :wink:

Dang, that's a lot of "add ons." I actually saw a rival of the Mother of all Mancaves a few months back. Seems one the highest net worth individuals in Dallas has a fancy for a massive man cave in his office building. It was quite spectacular and all it was lacking was a walk in humidor. A full bar with beer on tap, hundreds of super exotic taxidermy, leather chairs and sofas, 4K's, etc; so where was the humidor? I kind of joked about it and one of the guys said, "Oh, that's in his office next to the balcony he has to smoke his cigars." I was forbidden to take pictures.........

Back