No airbrush? No problem!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sooner Boomer

Reaction score
Here's a product that will let you spray paint (or just about any other liquid), easily and with good control. I've used it on rockets and woodworking projects. I buy mine at Ace, but it's on Amazon, too. It comes as a spray head, containing propellant, and a glass reservoir. The spray head has a venturi that draws liquid from the reservoir, then atomizes it. When you're done, you can store leftover paint in the reservoir.

Preval paint spraying system

https://preval.com/

Definitely not new, my father used to use them in his custom cultured marble and fiberglass shop for spraying one-off gelcoat colors (I think thats what he used them for anyways) for custom sink and bathtub customers this was sometime in the area of 1976-77 time frame maybe a bit earlier. The are definitely a handy way to spray paints if one does not have access to a compressor and paint sprayer, nice thing is they will also do a fairly decent job with most automotive paints.

If it uses the same type of spray nozzle as regular spray cans then how can it replicate the details of a fine tipped airbrush sprayer? Isn't it still going to be a shotgun blast instead of a precision sniper round? (Metaphorically speaking).

If it uses the same type of spray nozzle as regular spray cans then how can it replicate the details of a fine tipped airbrush sprayer? Isn't it still going to be a shotgun blast instead of a precision sniper round? (Metaphorically speaking).
They are basically a spray can not an air brush, you are correct. I would be curious if the Montana Gold nozzles would work on them though.

The primary difference isn’t in the application but in the media - instead of solvent based lacquer or enamel paints you can easily spray water based paints without needing an airbrush and compressor setup. Just being able to use readily available low odor, nontoxic “craft” paints could be a useful thing for apartment dwellers, folks with chemical allergies/sensitivity, or if you need custom colors...

Attachments

• YouCAN+bottle-instructions.pdf
    739.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Another gadget stolen from the kitchen is the "Touch of Oil" sprayer. It has a pump built into the cap. It works well with water-based paints and some polys. I wouldn't use anything with strong solvents in it (although I've never tried it). Also works well for its intended purpose - spraying cooking oil.

touch-of-oil_250.jpg

Nice. I want to buy a new printer at home too. I found on https://www.palmgear.com/best-printers-for-infrequent-use/ a lot of recommendations, and I bought HP OfficeJet 3830 All-in-One Wireless Printer. Furthermore, I hope I made a good choice, because it looked good in photos, and the reviews said that this is a great device. In case someone is interested, I can come with more information about the printer after I will use it for a little time. Just feel free to text me. Thank you.

Back