Nike Tomahawk photo? Looking for a higher resolution copy of this...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcusSRG

Reaction score
I would like to know if anybody has a larger/higher-resolution copy of the Nike-Tomahawk photo below or another, more detailed photo of this particular round.

I ask because I would like to make my Estes Nike Smoke "convertible" into a sport scale Nike-Tomahawk and this round of the Nike-Tomahawk would be the ideal choice because the Nike booster's yellow fin and "United States" markings are oriented in the same manner as the Estes Nike Smoke round is. ROTW's Nike-Tomahawk round, albeit prettier, has it's booster markings oriented differently, with the "United States" marking on a different side.

Thanks!
niketoma.jpg

thanks for the picture, Pat but i'm looking for a better shot of that exact Nike Tomahawk rocket. I am really just interested in the paint and coloring details of the Tomahawk sustainer.

This pic you posted is very cool though...i love the Nike-Asp style booster markings. I do believe the upper stage is an Apache or Cajun though...

No problem. I have some more photos on a disc somewhere else and will look for them.

Still not what you need, but have you seen this graphic?

Nike-Tomahawk-lg.jpg

Thanks for the pics. A couple neat rounds in there...but I'm looking for that exact Nike Tomahawk in the photo I posted. I just want to see more detail on that Tomahawk upper stage, really. It clearly has a silver/aluminum fin can and a "generally" gold/brass colored airframe but you just can't see it in detail and the contrast with the black background really makes it hard to make out nose cone shape too. It's just hard to make out in that low resolution shot.

I'm not looking for extreme detail, I just want to see the coloring detail so I can do it justice as a good sport-scale model. Thanks!

Edit: Another note: Green Jello--yes, I've seen that graphic. Semroc's Nike Tomahawk, right? That photo irks me a little b/c there's three yellow and one red (orange-ish, really) fins! I'm pretty sure there weren't any Nike Toms (or any Nikes for that matter) that had that fin paint scheme... it's three reds and one yellow, of course!

Last edited:
I would like to know if anybody has a larger/higher-resolution copy of the Nike-Tomahawk photo below or another, more detailed photo of this particular round.

I ask because I would like to make my Estes Nike Smoke "convertible" into a sport scale Nike-Tomahawk and this round of the Nike-Tomahawk would be the ideal choice because the Nike booster's yellow fin and "United States" markings are oriented in the same manner as the Estes Nike Smoke round is. ROTW's Nike-Tomahawk round, albeit prettier, has it's booster markings oriented differently, with the "United States" marking on a different side.

Thanks!
View attachment 114626

4791767571_67a48bf993_o.jpgIMG_0039.jpgIMG_0041.jpgIMG_0042.jpgIMG_0045.jpg

WOW!!! Those photos are AWESOME! Exactly what I was looking for, Dave! And, if I'm not mistaken, it looks like the payload section shots in your THIRD (edited) post (photos 2 and 3) are the payload section for the round in question. Even cooler, that shows that it has a conical nose cone...completely unexpected. That's why I wanted to see that thing in more detail! You don't happen to have any Arcas stuff, do you? ;)

Thanks for all the great photos and response to this thread, guys. Much more than I expected!

Last edited:
That photo that Jello posted is an outdoor display at Triton College here in Illinois. I visited there last year when I was thinking of building a Nike Tomahawk. It appeared that the model on display was fabricated as a display model and not a real rocket. The dimensions of the fins were right on, but there was very little body detail other than the large nuts at the top of the booster section. The capsule was the same thing- a replica of the real test model.

All the work for outdoor you have a great its a long time achivment and this pics providing me help to make our mind strong about the rocket search. You know guys am searching the all small and large rocket imiges for my lab so here I have some really nice close rockets pic.

Cool! If you have any boosted Arcas stuff that would be great!

I have a few pics I took of the boosted Cajun out at Wallops Island. They are close ups of the Nike booster and the Cajun sounding rocket.

I add them here, but I'm not sure if the site will compress them before posting. They are all 400K - 700K in size.

DSCN1128.jpg DSCN1129.jpg DSCN1130.jpg DSCN1131.jpg DSCN1127.JPG

Back