Next rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven88

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
hello. For my next rocket I would like to buy a 5-6” diameter, fiberglass with a 54mm motor mount kit for $200-250. Is this possible? I haven’t found anything in that low of a price range yet. Most rockets that large also have a 75mm or 98mm motor mount, so it may be hard to find. To stay within my budget, I may have to settle with a paper tube rocket, any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks in advance

It's maybe possible if you do quikrete tube, plywood, and a foam nose. That size the shipping alone is usually pretty expensive.

hello. For my next rocket I would like to buy a 5-6” diameter, fiberglass with a 54mm motor mount kit for $200-250. Is this possible? I haven’t found anything in that low of a price range yet. Most rockets that large also have a 75mm or 98mm motor mount, so it may be hard to find. To stay within my budget, I may have to settle with a paper tube rocket, any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks in advance

https://www.madcowrocketry.com/5-5-fat-man/

Back