Next-Gen Raven Development Thread

Discussion in 'Vendor Display' started by Adrian A, Jun 21, 2018.

Help Support The Rocketry Forum by donating:

1. Nov 17, 2018 #91

Adrian A

Adrian A

Adrian A

Lifetime Supporter TRF Sponsor TRF Lifetime Supporter

..Aaaand making the red and blue LEDs correspond to low beeps and high beeps is done. So now you can see the 4-channel continuity status (blue is connected, red is not connected), and you can also watch the altitude readout (blue counts the non-zero decimal places, red shows the zero decimal places). I should have done this a long time ago.

2. Nov 24, 2018 #92

Adrian A

Adrian A

Adrian A

The production orders for the circuit board manufacture and assembly, and the last remaining parts, have been placed.

JDcluster, watheyak, ja_mezz and 3 others like this.
  3. Nov 25, 2018 #93

manixFan

manixFan

manixFan

Wow, that's exciting news, good to hear.

To clarify on the LEDs, in post 90 you have a picture of the PC board with holes for what looks like pass-through LED mounts. Is that correct? So does that mean we could make a wiring harness for remote LEDs? And also that you've programmed the LEDs so that while in pre-launch phase blue flashes mean channel continuity and red means open?

Thanks,

Tony

4. Nov 26, 2018 #94

Adrian A

Adrian A

Adrian A

Yes, both are correct. To dive a little more into the details, the solder pads for external LEDs are in parallel with the existing LEDs, so they will share current with them depending on how their forward voltage drop compares with that of the existing LEDs. The total LED current is controlled so you needn't be concerned about over-driving any LED.

Whenever the low beeps and high beeps are used, the blue LED lights up during a high-tone beep and the red LED lights up during the low beep. So yes, during prelaunch the blue/red LEDs represent connected/disconnected channels respectively. Also, during altitude beep-out after the flight, zeros digits are represented by single flashes of the red LEDs while the non-zero digits are represented by counting flashes of the blue LED.

Dwatkins likes this.
  5. Dec 7, 2018 #95

Adrian A

Adrian A

Adrian A

The first units are back from the assembler. I tested one and it works fine. Next up is programming and testing. We're working out the schedule for that. I may be able to start shipping next week, or otherwise the week after that. I'll get the website updated.

Last week I remembered another request that was made long time ago on a thread about magnetic switches, and that is to provide audible feedback earlier in the boot-up process. So today I changed the code to add a low-tone beep right at power up, followed by a pause for the voltage to stabilize before the voltage beep-out takes place.

timbucktoo likes this.
  6. Dec 8, 2018 #96

manixFan

manixFan

manixFan

Great to hear about the progress. And the immediate tone after power-up will be greatly appreciated. The delay to hear the beeps sometimes lead me to power cycle unnecessarily. Fortunately my wife is always happy when I buy my own Christmas gifts, makes her life a lot easier.

Tony

7. Jan 5, 2019 #97

NikeMikey

NikeMikey

NikeMikey

Lost in Space TRF Supporter

Any update info? I noticed that the web site has Raven 4 pics and a list of specs/features but no way to order or a potential release date.

Inquiring minds ...
    NikeMikey

ja_mezz and timbucktoo like this.
  8. Jan 13, 2019 at 11:35 PM #98

Adrian A

Adrian A

Adrian A

Some other stuff has gotten in the way of getting the first batch of production units programmed and tested. It should be soon though, maybe this week.

ChuckH, watheyak, timbucktoo and 2 others like this.