New (to me) at Wally World, Spanish spray paint

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Let's get Mikey, he won't like it, he hates everything." A couple bucks more than Painter Touch. It will cost us to save the planet. ;)

1657486963226.png

Last edited:
Is it one of those grafitti paints that come and go? I have always found them to have a rough texture, which is bad for rockets.

Is it one of those grafitti paints that come and go? I have always found them to have a rough texture, which is bad for rockets.
IDK can you tell from the picture? How do you tell it’s graffiti paint other than it’s 20 dollars a can? I’d be surprised if Walmart stocked anything other than all-purpose spray bombs.

I’ve learned through painful experience to stick to the shopping list, especially in these inflationary times, and especially at Walmart. Paint was not on the list today. Maybe tomorrow… 🙂

How much does it cost?

As an aside I no longer buy spray paint at my Walmart since they've started keeping it locked up (due to idiots spraying it in the store) and usually no help is there.
Interesting. No lockdown here yet but lots of paint on the display racks. 8 dollars and 97 US.

Last edited:
IDK can you tell from the picture? How do you tell it’s graffiti paint other than it’s 20 dollars a can? I’d be surprised if Walmart stocked anything other than all-purpose spray bombs.
Mainly by the top of the can, rounded with the top of the can being the appropriate color. I've tried other brands that are marketed for grafitti and they all had that feature.

I looked at their website and they mainly talked about indoor or outdoor varieties (weather-resistant), but as the paints are sold by some European grafitti oriented websites, I have to wonder.

Like this one:
https://vipgraffitipaint.co.uk/collections/pinty-plus

When auto paint started to switch over to Water Born Paint I thought there goes the repair industry. I was surprised when it actually is way better to spray than the chemical based clear coat base coats that preceded it. And it's better for you and the environment. Plus the tax breaks it brought when it first went into effect.
You have to think of water based paints like this. We first used lead based paints. Then Enamels, then Acrylics. It's taken way longer than it should have for the paint industry to catch up to the industry standard of preserving health and Earth over profit and change over.
I'm not promoting this paint, I don't promote anything from Wally World because they backed Hillary Clinton. And I don't care what side of the fence she was on, she is a criminal in my mind.
But promoting human health and Earth health is up front and for most because I want my Kids, my Grandkids and my Great Grandkids to have a safe future an a safe Earth to live on.
But regardless of who sells what, I would never over pay just because someone promotes it's good for your health or good for the Earth. I would do the research and find out where it comes from, what labor is used and who owns the over the boarder facility. And if it doesn't fit in my acceptance...
Wally World will realize this if no one buys the crap that is over priced.
Water based paints cost's 1/5 of chemical based paints in any form, that is what I learned from a required seminar for auto painting to keep my license. It can't be all that different for anything else in paint.
In today's World, we can NOT take advertising as factual, we never could. Proceed with caution.

Mainly by the top of the can, rounded with the top of the can being the appropriate color. I've tried other brands that are marketed for grafitti and they all had that feature.

I looked at their website and they mainly talked about indoor or outdoor varieties (weather-resistant), but as the paints are sold by some European grafitti oriented websites, I have to wonder.

Like this one:
https://vipgraffitipaint.co.uk/collections/pinty-plus
Well top of the can notwithstanding the product description in the link provided by lakeroadster in post #5 tells me that it’s an all-purpose paint. I’ll try it sometime down the road.

As an aside I no longer buy spray paint at my Walmart since they've started keeping it locked up (due to idiots spraying it in the store) and usually no help is there.

Here in Oz you have to be 18 years old to purchase spray paint in many places. When I go through the self checkout in one of the big hardare stores it sets off a flashing light so an assistant has to come and authorise the sale.

Please. I have fossils younger than me.

I have two older vehicles that were finished with water based clear coats, when the transition occurred from the catalyzed clear coat finish.
What a disaster, as they have lost their clear coats or are in the process of doing so. That's not to say, the the acrylic clear coats are "bad" they were just put into production before being adequately refined.

Back