New kit on the way.....4" PML Amraam

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firemanup

Reaction score
Well I went and got all thoughtful on valentines day and got my wife a nice gift.

She asked me what I would like so I told her I'd been looking at a Cosmodrome Black Brant 2 kit and that it would be nice..

She ordered it for me and then found out this week that it was out of stock and not known when it would be back in stock.

She asked me what else I might like so I told her how bout a PML 2" Amraam as it's about the same price range.

Well low and behold she called me here at work today to let me know she ordered me a 4" PML Amraam and it's on it's way, supposed to be here Friday...:D :D :D

Gettin excited over this kit been wanting it for a long time...

Just gotta love her...

Originally posted by firemanup
Well low and behold she called me here at work today to let me know she ordered me a 4" PML Amraam and it's on it's way, supposed to be here Friday...:D :D :D

Gettin excited over this kit been wanting it for a long time...

Just gotta love her...

Now, that is a great wife!!!!

In more ways than that.. she really is.....What can i say but in about the most important part of my life I'm blessed with her...

Now THAT is what I call a "Biggie Size"!!! :D

Man, she is a keeper Fireman, make sure you treat her good! Also, wea re going to want to see build pics and updates, so clear the workbench and get the epoxy warmed up!

Carl

Originally posted by firemanup

Just gotta love her...

Wanna trade??? lol Congratulations, man! I've seen alot of AMRAAM 4's , and they are always impressive. I've built the 2, and I love it, and I've gazed longingly at Carl's 4 several times, and keep hoping that someday I'll have one as well. Carl's right though - warm up the digital camera along with the epoxy...lol

Loopy

Wish my mom did that....:rolleyes: :p :( You are one lucky duck, thats for sure! If thats what you get for Valentines day, what on earth did you get for X-mas!? A full scale Nike Smoke!?!?!?!?!?:eek: LOL... Have fun with the rocket! Im jealous!:eek:

Jason,
I think you will like the Amraam 4. I have one that I did my L-2 with. They look nice on the pad and perform well. You have a good range of motor options as well.........Larry

Where were you when you certed? Which state, club ETC?

Well it arrived a day early and it's here, thanks commonwealth.

Now the bummer, for the first time i've gotten a rocket and have basically no time to work on it for the next 4 days...ouch that bites..

Gonna have to build like the normal guy a little each evening until tuesday when i'll have two full days to work on it.

Thing seems realy heavy but it's finished weight average is lighter than my Thor.. so we'll see..

Need to open her up and read the directions and recomendations for adhesives then i'll head off to the hobby store...

I'll keep yall posted..

Originally posted by Neil
Where were you when you certed? Which state, club ETC?

Neil,
I certified at a launch here in Iowa called Fire on The Farm. L-1 in 1998 and L-2 in 2002. I'm a correspondance(sp?) member of the Nebraska group THOR. The FOTF launch was held about 50 miles or so from where I live. Unfortunatly this area is under an MOA. With the Iraq war and all, waivers in this area are subject to cancellation with out warning. So for the time being all High power club launches were moved to Pickrell Neb.( east of Linclon Neb.) A 5 hour drive one way for me.:(
.....Larry

Oh. I was just wondering because someone up here in Maine certed on that same rocket last labor day. Guess it wasnt you.

Update....

Motormount is epoxied into the body tube..

Upper fins are on and filleted... Lower fins are tacked on and should get fillets tomorrow night...

Hopefully be able to sand fillets on monday night and be ready to start prepping and painting on Tues....

Projected to be finished by Wed at the latest then i'll post pics...

Latest posts

Back