Lucy the Rocket Dog is up with Gary Byrum and Der MicroMeister watching us fly.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BABAR

Builds Rockets for NASA
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
My wife and I petted Lucy as she took her final nap on this earth yesterday morning. She went to sleep peacefully (although she did ask for seconds on the whipped cream treat the vet used to distract her from the sedative shot!).

she was a stray we found on the street, returned her to her owner, an 85 year old retired Marine, who called us two weeks later and said she was too much dog for him (kept tunneling under the fence!). So we took her back, and she changed our lives.

she never tried to run away from us. Of course, day 1 my wife put ice in her water (I told my wife, “I want to be your dog!”)

she was probably 18 months to 2 years old when we got her, and we were a family for 13 1/2 years.

normally the phrase, “she gave as good as she got” is a negative. Not with her. She gave all her love to every single person, and everyone that met she immediately fell in love with her.

next to my wife, I’ve never had a more loving, caring, and loyal friend.

In her life, the only thing she needed to achieve perfect

FANG SHUI​

was to have both my wife and in the same room and she would lay on the floor near our feet And everything was right with her world. We were her “peeps” and she was ours.

Heaven just got better, at least for me.

1694106729392.jpeg

Last edited:
Absolutely. Pets are family. When you lose one, it's like losing a child. Sorry for your loss. And I know that heartache well, as I've had some cats pass in the last 12 months.

I did not know Rocket Dog, but I miss Gary Byrum and Der MicroMeister on the forum. I am sorry for your loss.

Back