New HBO Miniseries - The Pacific

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you liked "Band of Brothers", you might like this 10 part miniseries (starting on March 14, 2010):

In "Band of Brothers" there was very, very little 'love story' or 'romance' to appeal to the female demographic in the audience. In this trailer and others I've seen some clips of a wedding, etc. A small bit of 'love story' at the beginning of the movie to help establish character is understandable. I do not want to see recurring flashbacks to the courtship, wedding, honeymoon, etc. or recurring daydreams and/or converstations of how the wife is holding up at home. If I wanted that I'd watch "Pearl Harbor" with Ben Afflick in it. I want the same style of story that started with "Saving Private Ryan". I want a 'Band of Brothers' style of a war miniseries that focuses primarily, almost exclusively, with the interrelations of the men within the unit. I hope that is what "Pacific" will be. :pop:

I have to admit, this is the theater of war both my grandfather (US Army) and my wife's father (British Royal Navy; he was in Tokyo Bay for the signing of the treaty as well) fought in. We signed up for HBO just for this. Can't wait!

Ironic really. Because when I think of WWII I know many think of Europe, but I've always been far more interested in the Pacific side of the war.

Latest posts

Back