New Creality3D Upgraded Ender-3 V2 3D Printer

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an Ender 3 Pro. The V2 is an improvement but you’ll still want some improvements. An auto bed leveling system is a must in my opinion. Upgraded springs for the bed and an upgraded extruder are good too. You might want to print and add dual fan cooling for the hot end for better arch and bridging performance.

Once you’ve done those, you’ve spent half the difference between the Ender and the Prusa i3 Mk 3S you should’ve gotten. 😀

Ask me how I know... 🙄

Hey Greg, I have a Ender 5 Pro, like it so much I bought another one. Mine has the all metal extruder, has dual fans, new silent Mother board. Did not see a need for different springs. I also level manually, takes 60 seconds to do.
I checked the link you posted, but did not really see what the new upgrades were.
I printed the Mars Lander, Soyuz and my Saturn V on the creality printers. I am happy with what came out of them. Seems to get a little better after each one, I mean me. And I know cr@p about 3D printing. But I might suggest getting like a Pro PLA filament. Prints as easy as PLA, but at higher temp and can withstand higher temps, sunlight. I get mine at 3D Fuel out of Fargo, ND. I'm in MN so fast shipping as with you also.

Attachments

• printed rockets 001.JPG
    printed rockets 001.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 32
  • printed rockets 002.JPG
    printed rockets 002.JPG
    174.5 KB · Views: 35
  • printed rockets 003.JPG
    printed rockets 003.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 32
  • printed rockets 004.JPG
    printed rockets 004.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 29
  • printed rockets 006.JPG
    printed rockets 006.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 30
The Ender 5s are dead easy to level, what with the inverted Z travel. I wish the babystepping was smaller - but I think that’s a function of the 16 bit board on mine.

My CR10S, with the knobs underneath-definitely- benefited from an EZABL.

I saw this printer on amazon: Creality Ender-3 V2. Did you buy it? Are you happy with it?
@cwbullet So far I like the E3V2 very much. I rarely need to level the bed and I've had some pretty good prints. Much easier to use & better results than my Anet A8. I did add an aluminum kit to the extruder (preventative maintenance) and I'm thinking about replacing a fan or two since a couple of them are noisy. I do like that it has silent stepper drivers.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B96QMN2

@cwbullet So far I like the E3V2 very much. I rarely need to level the bed and I've had some pretty good prints. Much easier to use & better results than my Anet A8. I did add an aluminum kit to the extruder (preventative maintenance) and I'm thinking about replacing a fan or two since a couple of them are noisy. I do like that it has silent stepper drivers.

Metal Extruder

I have one of these on my CR-10S Pro. I really do like it.

Back