New 3X Mars Lander Kit Released

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben Awes

Reaction score
3X Mars Lander by Colossus Rockets

Hello everyone, My name is Ben Awes. I am an architect, married, 2 kids and 4 tortoises and I live in St. Paul, MN. I am thrilled to announce the release of a new (I think first ever) 3X Mars Lander Rocket Kit that I have been working on for many years.

My story is not unique. I discovered Estes rockets in the mid 70's and after building many of their rockets I bought an Estes Mars Lander in 1976. It was my favorite rocket I ever built. About 8 year ago or so I discovered high power rocketry. I designed and built a few of my own rockets and then went on the hunt for an upscale version of the Mars Lander - I wanted to build it again. Nothing out there that I could find matched what I wanted to do and so commited to do it myself. Pretty quickly i realized that if I was going to make a kit for myself, i ought to go the extra step and offer it to others. For the past 5 years I have been designing a new 3X upscale Mars Lander Kit.

Just this fall I have finished the kit and today I am releasing the kit for the first time. I know what kits this scale cost and what you typically get for your money. My intention is to offer the worlds first 3X upscale Mars Lander rocket kit. Nearly an exact replica of the original Estes 1969 Model Rocket - with some required structural modifications. Simply the best, most complete, and most beautiful High Power Mars Lander Kit available, at a fair price. Built around a 75mm motor platform, but set up to allow for a switch to 54mm.

I have just opened an Etsy shop and I have a Facebook page as well - those links are below. On those pages are complete written and photographic description of the kit.

I would welcome your visit to my sites and your feedback and questions -
and for you to pass the word!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/3XMARSLANDER

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/3X-Mars-Lander-Model-Rocket/122541217843090?sk=info

Thank-you, and blessings,

Ben

Back