Nerrf and Southern Thunder attendees....SPECIAL GIZMO RACE PROMO!!!!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackjack2564

Crazy Jim's Gone Banana's
Reaction score
OK GUYS........IT"S OFFICIAL........GIZMO'S AT NSL TOOO!!!!!!!!

NEWS FLASH.......just got off the phone with Tim of WILDMAN and he asked me to post this...............

The Great Gizmo Drag Race, Sponsored by The Wildman, Performance Rocketry, Rouse Tech, and Aerotech, Will be held June 21 at BOTH Nerrf and Southern Thunder. Who says you can't be two places at once!!

Always wanted an all glass kit and the new "soda can" 54mm motor ?
Now is your chance, at a GREAT DEAL!

For a paltry 145.00 you can have the the now infamous Gizmo....all glass, 5in kit, with a 54mm hole.
A Rouse Tech 54mm 426 case [you supply the closures]
And your choice of...............
I 115W-m White Lightning
I 229T -m Blue Thunder
I 117FJ-m Fast Blackjack
I 215R-m Redline
..............motors
The normal pricing on all this fun is 222.00 but for your flying pleasure a special Drag Race promo has been worked out, to bring all this rocketry goodness to you for 145.00 $ [110 if you do not require the case]

The re-loads and hardware delivered at the launch.

Duration contest.........last one down on the ground wins....put whatever chute you can stuff in it.

PRIZES...........PRIZES............PRIZES

will be donated by Aerotech ..... Rouse Tech.... Performance Rocketry....and the WILDMAN himself.

You might have wanted to get in a drag race in the past, now you have no excuse not to. Your getting your flight for free and then some!!!

contact www.wildmanrocketry.com Or call 866-707-WILD [it's free also] to get in on the excitement.[OR your local Wildman dealer]

I've ordered mine, and will be there to instigate some drama before post time! Besides, think of all the fun you can have later on with this great sport flier, you know you always wanted one. See you at High Noon!

C.J.

PS....FYI....even though this is a 54mm motor, it's an I and can be flow by all Level-1 holders!!

View attachment gizmo.JPG

View attachment gizmo1.JPG

Hey, that Gizmo looks rather familiar! :eek:

That's a great deal!

Jim, you gonna be at ST '08?

Hey, that Gizmo looks rather familiar! :eek:

That's a great deal!

Jim, you gonna be at ST '08?

It ought to.......... being yours, hope you didn't mind. You did such an outstanding job, I thought it would make a good representation.

Sorry to say but no.
Do a couple of Crazy Jim races for me, I'll be there in spirit.
Nerrf landed on the same weekend, and I already committed.
By the way, what have you flown it on and how high did it go on different motors. What size chute?
I'm working on a way to put an altimeter in the nose, to do DD on the stock model.

Ps Did you get the reply PM? I did answer.

Darryl Hankes of Nocturnal Knight Rocketry will be an onsite vendor at ST2008 He is an authorized Wildman dealer and will have the promo available on the Gizmo deal.Contact him at NKR for further questions, he also is a vendor for Polecat Aerospace, Performance Rocketry, and AMW, Aerotech, and Roadrunner motors.

Mine is on order. I'm using the white load and a Cert3XXL.

Hey Jim gonna call yours the Baby Banana?

Why do you people insist on scheduling all these cool things on my anniversary when I'm going to be in San Francisco??? Thanks for nothing...sheesh... :D

Anyway - that sounds awesome! Have fun!

It ought to.......... being yours, hope you didn't mind. You did such an outstanding job, I thought it would make a good representation.

Sorry to say but no.
Do a couple of Crazy Jim races for me, I'll be there in spirit.
Nerrf landed on the same weekend, and I already committed.
By the way, what have you flown it on and how high did it go on different motors. What size chute?
I'm working on a way to put an altimeter in the nose, to do DD on the stock model.

Too bad, but as Bayourat says, we'll do a drag race anyway.
I've flown mine only once on a AMW J440BB. I don't know how high it went as I used a timer for deployment. Chute was a 60" TF I believe. If I had it to do over, I'd put a MAWD in it, use DD with a tether for main deployment. I might still do just that.

Here's a VIDEO of my Gizmo on the J440BB.

Al, I was torn with what to do with this one. You just figured it out for me, a little version of the Banana it is. I'll just have to contact the art department and get the ball rolling.

I just had an idea guys! [yeah I know that can be dangerous] Let's use this thread to keep up with everyone's builds on these things as we take delivery, on through their finish and the results of the two races! This could get VERY interesting.

I will do a build using the "injection'' method or how to "Git 'er done quick" as some of us have done the night before the race in the past.

Sometimes known as the Art Upton method......just gotta be careful not to mix the beer with the epoxy. Never know what you might wake up with then!

Jason's new sqeeze.jpg

I was talking to Al about this, this morning...

An "I" powered parachute duration contest...

"I" powered...

Dude, stop *watches* ain't gonna do it... (unless you have one that is accurate to within say, a day or two...)

who's bringing the "Stop Calendars" with'em???

:D :D :D

You like to spell cool, KEWL.......

............we spell crazy, Krazy...... [drag race]
I'm pack'n a 96in in mine!! It's gonna look like the circus is in town.

You should cook up a mini drag race with a kit just for NERRF,now that WOULD be KEWL!!! I'd even get in on that.

You like to spell cool, KEWL.......

............we spell crazy, Krazy...... [drag race]
I'm pack'n a 96in in mine!! It's gonna look like the circus is in town.

You should cook up a mini drag race with a kit just for NERRF,now that WOULD be KEWL!!! I'd even get in on that.

"Crazy Jim's rocket at apogee"
"We have an event"

Later that evening

"so what was apogee, max altitude, and descent time"
"Apogee was 3000' max altitude 5000' and we had to shoot it out of the sky because it never started coming down ;) "

Ben

Too bad, but as Bayourat says, we'll do a drag race anyway.
I've flown mine only once on a AMW J440BB. I don't know how high it went as I used a timer for deployment. Chute was a 60" TF I believe. If I had it to do over, I'd put a MAWD in it, use DD with a tether for main deployment. I might still do just that.

Here's a VIDEO of my Gizmo on the J440BB.

Wow - I'm guessing it was kinda windy that day??? lol

Ordered my Gizmo today :D

Not really planning on flying for duration in the contest... just going to have a little fun with it. Though I didn't see anything in the rules about "having" to use that puny I motor :rotflol: not that I even "SAW" any rules to begin with!

Hope no one else was planning on having the fastest Gizmo at NERRF!
Ever wonder how many G's a Gizmo could pull? We are going to find out! :cool:

Wow - I'm guessing it was kinda windy that day??? lol

Not really windy that day as I recall, but a dirty rail and a marginal CG did make for an interesting flight. Recovery was in the field ~300yds away.

Mine is on order. I'm using the white load and a Cert3XXL.

Holy smoke! A Cert3XXL in a Gizmo! Please video your flight, and make sure you have fresh batteries in your camera...could be a long wait for it to land. :rolleyes:

Not really windy that day as I recall, but a dirty rail and a marginal CG did make for an interesting flight. Recovery was in the field ~300yds away.

I was wondering since it kinda snapped to the left right off the rail. Kinda odd with a fast burning motor like that, but your explanation makes sense. At least it didn't land about three counties away!

IT'S OFFICIAL..........NSL....ADDED TO THE GIZMO RACE LIST!...............

Now lets get some more entries !!

Jon,Have you ordered yours yet? Hey if you want, you can come on over and we'll build'em together. Just got some West epoxy.

Yes there is..Over at Libertylaunchsystems.com..Go to kits, click on Gizmo and you will see the RocSim emblem to download it..

Good news!! The kits came in yesterday and Wildman began shipping them today.Soooo.......we can start to expect to receive them any day now. Don't forget to post your build .

Back