Need quick purchase advice on Epoxy to purchase for LoC IV assembly

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone tell me how much and of what kind epoxy to purchase to assemble a level 1 LOC IV kit..

Frankly, ANY epoxy will work perfectly fine for a level-1 kit!
So will TiteBond II.
Buy whatever is most convenient and budget friendly for your circumstances.

If budget is not a constraint, quart/gallon-sized West System resin with multiple-speed hardeners is a good long-term solution for many applications. In rocketry, and around the house, garage, and boat.

Please ignore and avoid Apogee's Epoxy Clay pitches.
That stuff is terribly heavy, doesn't soak into the fibers of the material you are working with, and is horrendously over-priced.

HTH,
a

For mixing sticks, I just purchased a bag of the West System 804-60 Reusable Mixing Sticks. They have a flat end and a curved end. The flat end works very well for reaching the corners of the mixing cup and you can use the curved end when pulling fillets. Uncured resin/hardener/pigment cleans up with a little 90% IPA.

The nice thing about them is that the epoxy doesn't stick. Let it cure, then just pop the cured epoxy off the mixing stick and reuse! One bag of 8 cost me $8, so $1/stick is expensive when compared to popsicle sticks. However, they should last me for a LONG time of mixing epoxy.

Back