Narcon 2006

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ltvscout

Reaction score
It's now official and I can let the cat out of the bag.

WOOSH will host NARCON for the third year in a row. For 2006 those dates will be March 10-12. It'll be held at the same location, UW-Parkside in Kenosha, WI.

Now for the big announcement. We are proud to have two great keynote speakers this next year. On Friday March 10th, Leroy Piester, who started Centuri Engineering Corporation and ran it till it was sold to Damon Corporation, will be our keynote speaker. On Saturday March 11th, Matt Steele, who started and ran North Coast Rocketry until it was sold to Estes (I "think" Damon still owned them at that time), will be our keynote speaker.

So, now's the time for everyone to mark their calendars. You won't want to miss this event! The cost for the hotel this next year (same one) will be $77/night. You can get some info about the location and hotel by going to the NARCON 2005 site at https://www.narcon2005.org. It'll be awhile before the 2006 site goes online.

I was born in Kenosha, grew-up in West Allis and now live in Florida...
I don't go north of the FL-GA border between Labor Day and Memorial Day. ;)

Now if you can guarantee a good/warm spring, this might be tempting to come up
for a visit...

Originally posted by brianc
I was born in Kenosha, grew-up in West Allis and now live in Florida...
I don't go north of the FL-GA border between Labor Day and Memorial Day. ;)

Now if you can guarantee a good/warm spring, this might be tempting to come up
for a visit...

Done. I guarantee it. See you there. :D
If things don't work out weather-wise, feel free to steal a beer or two from my cooler at the "post-con" in the hotel lobby.

Originally posted by Fishhead
If things don't work out weather-wise, feel free to steal a beer or two from my cooler at the "post-con" in the hotel lobby.
So who's bringing the skunky beer this time? :D

We are plannig it too as long as we dont get ran into this time:)

Did anyone video tape Vern's presentation last year. Or Bill Stine's. I really would like a copy. I have next year's con on my calendar (though that doesn't mean much).

Originally posted by Ltvscout
So who's bringing the skunky beer this time? :D

I'll start hanging around the outlet store at the local brewery. Maybe they'll have some seconds that I can buy cheap.

Hey, I'm trying to bump all of the NARCON 2006 threads and get some more discussion going, but nothing is happening.

I registered and paid online just last night! Also bought the box lunch AND got the t-shirt!

I will be in Kenosha on the 10th through the 12th of March, 2006!!!

Scott, you forgot to change the "What's New?" date on the front page!

edit:
Never mind. I guess you were refering to the 01-09-06 addition.

I've added a new seminar to the NARCON 2006 site. Check it out at https://www.narcon2006.org.
Cool! I know Warren Benson, as he attends my club's launches just about as often as I do, if not more often.

Also, btw, today I bought my plane tickets and reserved a rental car. Now I just need to reserve a hotel room!

Originally posted by JRThro
Cool! I know Warren Benson, as he attends my club's launches just about as often as I do, if not more often.

Also, btw, today I bought my plane tickets and reserved a rental car. Now I just need to reserve a hotel room!
Bring a sixer of your favorite microbrew from your area. We're having a big barley pop get together in the hotel lobby Saturday night.

Bring a sixer of your favorite microbrew from your area. We're having a big barley pop get together in the hotel lobby Saturday night.
My favorite microbrew is going to end up being Dr. Pepper, since I don't drink these days. But the get together sounds fun. :)

Okay, and now I've actually made my hotel reservations at the NARCON hotel for the advertised $77 a night rate, both Friday and Saturday nights.

Back