Narcon 2008

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mn-rocketry

Reaction score
NARCON 2008
"Looking back - Paying forward"
March 14-16
The Kahler Grand Hotel, Rochester, MN
https://www.narcon2008.org

NARCON 2008 includes Seminars, Workshops, Guest Speakers, Door Prizes, Vendors, Exhibits, and (if weather permits) a Sport Launch. Scheduled to appear as Special Guest Speakers are Vern and Gleda Estes! NARCON 2008 kicks off the celebration of 50 years of the NAR. It is hosted by MASA (Minnesota Amateur Spacemodeler Association – NAR Section 576) from the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area, and co-hosted by TSM (Tripoli Southern Minnesota – TRA #112). Why not make a weekend of it! For more information, please visit www.narcon2008.org

Registration is now open! Early registration - before February 15 - will save you money. You may register either online or via regular mail. Be sure to order your NARCON 2008 t-shirt or sweatshirt too! Those orders must be in by February 10.
This year, we also have a direct link from the web site so that you can make your hotel reservations online. In five minutes time, you could be registered, order a t-shirt, and have your hotel room reserved.

Also, we are looking for more people willing to be presenters at NARCON. If you would be interested in giving a seminar or workshop, or leading a forum or discussion, please send me an email at [email protected]
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me or any of the other NARCON staff members. Also feel free to forward this message on to all other rocketeers you know who may be interested in attending.

Thanks, and see you at NARCON!

Alan

I've written Carol a few weeks ago, but haven't received a response yet . . . Are the NARCON shirts available in any other color than sky blue?

Personally, I don't know of too many men who look good in that color. Hopefully, there's a respectable athletic grey or some other macho color we can have.

The shirt will only be available in a darker blue (similar to a royal blue, not sky blue).

Thanks,

Carol Marple, NAR 86280 L1
NARCON 2008 Event Director

The shirt will only be available in a darker blue (similar to a royal blue, not sky blue).

That's too bad. Not too many people wear royal, or sky, blue nowadays or even look good in that color. Kinda reinforces the "geek" in rocketry. Navy would be better.

Troy.....

As Carol mentioned, the NARCON 2008 T-shirts and Sweatshirts are not a sky blue, but rather they will be a darker Royal Blue color.

As the NARCON 2008 Graphic Designer, I will explain my reason for choosing Royal Blue to you: Last year we did the shirts in white - mainly becasue it is the most inexpensive color to use. This year, I wanted to step it up a bit and go with something different than white. While discussing color options with our shirt screening vendor, we were told that red and blue are good choices that sell very well. We went with blue to compliment the blue NARCON logo.

Since the majority of rocket flying is done in the summer months, we felt that a dark color like navy or black would be uncomfortable and impracticle.

I am sorry that you feel the color choice is neither respecable nor macho. Obviously there is no way that we can please everyone, so we did what we thought would hopefully please the majority of the people. As far coming up with a macho color, that was never an intend of ours as this certainly isn't a macho hobby.

I hope this helps explain why the color choice is what it is, and I am sorry that it isn't your first choice of colors, but I hope that doesn't stop you from ordering a shirt to commemorate this national event.

Thanks.

Thanks Jeff for the explanation and clarification. I recognize such a decision won't please everyone. It's your call, but I still suggest a different color other than royal blue - which isn't a popular color in shirts.

Don't forget to register to attend NARCON 2008.

- Register by February 15 and save money by taking advantage of Advanced Registration!
- Commemorative T-Shirt and Sweatshirt orders close February 10 - less than 3 weeks away!

Click here: www.narcon2008.org

Back