NAR 2007 National Events

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trip Barber

Reaction score
I am pleased to announce that the National Association of Rocketry has awarded the following bids to host 2007 NAR national events.

The 49th NAR Annual Meet (NARAM-49) will be held from July 28 to August 3, 2007 near Kalamazoo, Michigan, hosted by the Southwest Michigan Association of Spacemodeling Hobbyists (SMASH) NAR section. Contest Director will be Randy Boadway, [email protected] . In addition to all-week sport flying including high power up to 7000 AGL, and the US 2008 World Spacemodeling Team selection flyoffs on the opening weekend, NARAM-49 events will be:

Research & Development
C Scale Altitude
C Rocket Glide Duration
A Helicopter Duration
B Egg Loft Altitude
A Boost Glide Duration
G Superroc Altitude (C & T Div)/ E Superroc Altitude (A & B Div)
B Streamer Duration
Open Spot Landing

The 2007 NAR National Sport Launch (NSL 2007) will be held June 2-3, 2007 at the Academy of Model Aeronautics National Aeromodeling Center flying site in Muncie, Indiana, hosted by the Rocketeers of Central Indiana (ROCI) NAR section. Event Director will be Mario Perdue, [email protected]. NSL will have a waiver to 8000 AGL and will support flights through at least L motor class. The event website is www.nsl2007.org

I expect to announce awarding a bid for hosting the 2007 NAR Convention (NARCON 2007) shortly.

Thanks very much to the volunteer organizers and host sections for stepping forward to serve the NAR and its members by holding these important national events.

Trip Barber
NAR 4322
NAR National Events Committee Chairman

A NARAM that's 3 1/2 hours away from my house!

I've already made plans to be there!:D

Congratulations to SMASH on hosting NARAM. I am looking forward to participating and helping out!:)

Originally posted by sandman

[/Q]

And just under 4 hours for me!! I thinks that's even closer than Cinci was last year.....

Al

Originally posted by sandman

Sandman, don't forget the National Sport Launch in Muncie, too. It's a great flying site that I suspect you'd enjoy!! (grin)

NSL is in Indiana! I'll definatly have to make plans for that.

OK, I'll ask now!

Whoever has it! Last I recall CTulanko has it

I will need the "Rocketry Forum" banner by May of 2007 for NSL! And I'll just keep it for NARAM!

PM me and I'll send you my address!

Back