Name a rocket that wasn't marketed well. (It was cooler than it looked in the catalog) OR the inverse - Cool paint job, boring rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another interesting thread, and I will add my 1.5 cents worth. Totally agree with Neil_W regarding the Space Transporter. I have one of those kits and am eager to build it before I get too old to use a hobby knife.

My particular kit that I thought was great was the Estes Pegasus #0806. A very neat design, but it did have a drab paint scheme, and should have been at least a BT-55 instead of 20. I built another one with a red/white and blue scheme and it appeals to me much more than the gray. I do have the Lawn Dart Rocketry kit that they produced around the 55 tube. And there was an article in the Jul/Aug 96 Sport Rocketry magazine where Gary Briggs did several upscales of that kit, and he also didn't like the paint scheme, ha. I do have on my "ever growing to-do list" a BT-70 version of it, and have vinyl decals from Sticker Shock to put on it.
Loved my Pegasus when I was a kid. Wish I still had it.

My particular kit that I thought was great was the Estes Pegasus #0806. A very neat design, but it did have a drab paint scheme, and should have been at least a BT-55 instead of 20. I built another one with a red/white and blue scheme and it appeals to me much more than the gray. I do have the Lawn Dart Rocketry kit that they produced around the 55 tube. And there was an article in the Jul/Aug 96 Sport Rocketry magazine where Gary Briggs did several upscales of that kit, and he also didn't like the paint scheme, ha. I do have on my "ever growing to-do list" a BT-70 version of it, and have vinyl decals from Sticker Shock to put on it.
I had one of those as a kid, and man was it a fragile design. I agree that an upscale would be more desirable.

Back