My 'other' HPR Rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OH yeah, the weasel looks awesome, I love hammerd paint. Haven't used it yet myself, but will sometime on the right rocket. I am curious to know how the Weasel flight went? No tip to tip and definite Mach transition based on your sim. Basically 1100 ft. per sec. is Mach of course there are variances yada yada yada for all those encyclopedia data busters out there, please don't respond with 5 different versions of Nasa's definition of Mach.

I really hope you put a rocket hunter in it? I don't know one person who has had a Weasel and hasn't lost it.. I want one too, always have. Now that I own a rocket hunter, I will probably get one. I'll do it all in CF and really punish it. I'll probably bring mine down with a long streamer rather than a chute. If it's all covered in CF, it can handle the landing I'm sure.

Brent

Thanks for the compliments!:eek: I haven't launched the Weasel as of yet..Last launch it was pretty windy..I launched the Long Cheetah and it almost ran away from us!:lol: And then the 38 Special lawn dart kind of took the wind out of my sails..But I intend to launch it single deploy on March 8th..Nothing too big , might do it on a G71...

G??? hahaha, yeah that would be good. I was thinking more along the lines of an I200 :surprised: Then again I'm an altitude/velocity junkie.. It won't be too much longer that I fulfil my quest for altitude and speed and start keeping them where I can actually watch the deployment and decent. It gets a little old watching them disappear in 2 -3 seconds and having to go track them down and miss great flights while I am roaming the desert in search of my rocket.

Brent

Back