My first epoxy fin filets (Courtesy of @Hobie1dog)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is how the vent hole turned out. I love brad point bits, the super sharp point keeps it where you start, and the outer shearing teeth make a super clean hole.

Thank you.

Attachments

• 16934961995071486398739110725554.jpg
    16934961995071486398739110725554.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Appearance is the one thing that people remember you by, so it's always good to try to make things look as good as possible while we are here on Earth. After using the global adhesives epoxy and mixing tips and gun which perfectly mixes the epoxy up, I can't go back to any type of other system.
kQLs41B.jpg

http://globaladhesives.net/epoxy_and_structural.htm
GEP-110-50BFast Cure 5 Minute Pot Life General Purpose Black

GEP-110-50CFast Cure 5 Minute Pot Life General Purpose 2-Part EpoxyClear50 mlAdd to cart
" data-order="$7.30
$7.30
Add to cart
" style="box-sizing: content-box; padding: 8px 10px; white-space: normal !important; word-break: initial !important; overflow-wrap: initial !important; border-top: 1px solid rgb(221, 221, 221); border-right: 1px solid rgb(221, 221, 221); border-bottom: none; border-left: none; border-image: initial; margin-bottom: 0px; text-align: center; vertical-align: middle; font-family: Arial; font-size: 14px; line-height: 20px;">$7.30
ADD TO CART

https://scicominc.com/2-part-epoxies-adhesives-primers-threadlockers/

Last edited:
Sounds good, I like cheaper, more available, and just as good.

I used your method on my cherokee E, and I ordered a Wolverine Upscale from Dragon and will be using it on my first larger thru the tube fins.

Thanks again Marty, I really appreciate your help.

Epoxy gives you a smoother, harder fillet that doesn’t shrink near as much - if at all - as wood glue, and it can be sanded smoother. On the con side it’s messier, smelly and toxic compared to a PVA based glue so it’s all down to what you prefer.

I'm going in the direction of epoxy for fillets because it's one-and-done. Doing PVA over and over, trying to get it to fill in the gaps and voids that form when it shrinks, then sanding it all to try and blend it, is just not fun.

Lol! I have goofy amounts of curly maple, 3 different batches.

So many pairs of beautiful revolver stocks there.

Back