My dad died last night.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We will be conducting a flag retirement on the 15th. I will lay the last Union on the pyre in memory of Conrad Sigmon, USN.

John, I just saw this, I'm so sorry to hear this news. Deb and I have you and your family in our prayers.

John, sorry to hear of your loss, but good to know you got to spend some time with him before he passed. Will keep you all in my prayers.

Kevin

I am thankful that I got to spend the day yesterday with him, and tell him that I loved him. Not everyone gets that chance.

My heartfelt condolences.
The guys in the merchant marine and the guys that protected them were unsung heroes in the U boat war off our coast.
My father was a WW II verteran as well, - 80th Division Blue Ridgers with Patton's 3rd - Normandy to the Battle of the Bulge.
I was not with him when he passed away very unexpectedly from a visiting nurse's injection administered to him at home.

I'm glad you were blessed to spend the day with him and he passed away peacefully.
Prayers to you and your family.

Last edited:
Aww John,,
I'm so sorry man..
My dad was also WW 2 Navy,,
He was the best man in the whole world..
He passed over 20 years ago on Father's day...
This is difficult John...
I am so sorry,,, my heart goes out to you and yours...
Prayers for you all... he is at peace...

Teddy

Sorry to hear that John. Sounds like a great life and we appreciate his service. Prayers for you and your family

We will be conducting a flag retirement on the 15th. I will lay the last Union on the pyre in memory of Conrad Sigmon, USN.

Thanks! Wow, I don't know what to say!

And thanks to all of the rest of you who have left a condolence here, or PMed me, or e-mailed me. I really do appreciate it.

It is my honor to do so John. You father and his fellow WWII vetetans have been my heros as long as I can remember.

So sorry for your loss. I'm glad that you were able to spend time with him and say the things that need to be said.

I went through that loss last year. It's tough. I miss him.

Greg

Sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers sent.

Sounds like your Dad was a great guy and had a very full life.

Sorry for your loss, but happy your dad's final moments were pain-free and surrounded by his loved ones.

My dad would have turned 91 Sunday, and like yours he was a WWII veteran. As the final members of that generation pass on, we should all remember that FAIAP, they saved the world.

I'm so sorry to hear about your father. I hope you and your family are alright. Take care.

I am sorry for your loss. My dad died just this August at the age of 97, so I am still recovering from his departure. It's tough, but you do what you have to do to get through it. He was also a WWII vet and a pilot that flew combat in Korea. That generation had adventures we can't imagine. They were heroes.

Well, the funeral was yesterday, and things went really well. It was tough, but there was a lot of fun reuniting with family and old friends, too.

At the graveside, I really lost it when they played taps, but it was even harder when they handed the flag to my mom. Those were my two roughest moments.

I haven't slept well, but other than that, things have been going very smoothly. Thank you all for your prayers.

Well, the funeral was yesterday, and things went really well. It was tough, but there was a lot of fun reuniting with family and old friends, too.

At the graveside, I really lost it when they played taps, but it was even harder when they handed the flag to my mom. Those were my two roughest moments.

I haven't slept well, but other than that, things have been going very smoothly. Thank you all for your prayers.

I just about lose it when ever I hear Taps played unless it was preceeded by Tattoo.

Thank you for sharing John. Such services mean a lot to me.

Back