mx orbital transport

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when you put the wings together.. check to see if they are flush with the main body tube...i got mine and the tips have a gap when i hold the rear of the wing flush in the rear ...i emailed erockets and sent them a pic of my problem

when you put the wings together.. check to see if they are flush with the main body tube...

i don't remember there being any gaps or anomolies, but that doesn't mean there weren't any. sanding has become one of my kung-fus, so i would have just sanded it flush. my build is ready for the second top coat of white on the parent roc, and the glider needs one more coat of primer i think. i made a tiny stand for it out of the scrap basswood.

20220928_190408.jpg

totally fixable. i'd remove the wing, cut off the forward section, including the tab, realign the two pieces against a flat edge (i use a metal ruler) and eyeball the sanding needs of the forward section to make the two sections flush. sand it, test it against the edge, etc til it's right, and glue them together. you should flatten the drying completed wing with some wax paper and some weight on top, like a mug or book or it'll curl.

Wondering if this was ever finished. Also what weight it came out and how it flew. Or maybe someone else has completed one. I have the kit. I'm thinking that basswood is overkill and maybe I should substitute balsa in at least some places. Of course, then I lose the nice die cutting.

Back