• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of multi-channel sound.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive The Rocketry Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Multi-eggloft Challenge

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orion

Reaction score
At the annual spring eggloft event, they had a multi-eggloft challenge. You get to choose the motor up to a G. The scoring is calculated by multiplying the number of eggs by the time aloft in seconds. I did come up with a rocket that holds 4 eggs but could only come up with an F-motor. The parachute gave me a scare by not opening until it was about 25 feet from the ground. All eggs survived and I came in second (last, too, since there were only two contestants). Has anyone else heard of this? I think it would be a great competition event.

Orion

That does sound like fun. Why could you only come up with an F motor? Was it a 24mm motor mount? I'd love to see a photo of your rocket.

That does sound like fun. Why could you only come up with an F motor? Was it a 24mm motor mount? I'd love to see a photo of your rocket.

It was a 29 mm motor mount. I had ordered some but they didn't arrive until two weeks after the event. The F-motor was borrowed from a friend. No one in our area sells motors. So, they have to be ordered.

I don't often use over an E-motor. But, I am starting to do more and more. I recently achieved level 1.

Here is a photo of the me and the rocket just prior to the launch.

picture.php

Attached are photos of my favorite dual eggloft duration model.

Named Big Bird-3, wingspan of over 6 feet.

Usually boosts on F13 or G12 reload. 2-channel R/C.

Used it to win G Dual Eggloft Duration at NARAM in 1996 and 2003.

Since the eggs are supposed to simulate astronauts, well, THIS is the way NASA launched their astronauts for 30 years....... ending today. :(

- George Gassaway

00.jpg

Big Bird-DSCN0932.JPG

DSCN0934.JPG

DSCN0987.JPG

George,

Are you going to bring it to NARAM this year? I'd love to see it fly.

I'll be at NARAM. But I won’t be bringing Big Bird. But if you want to see some R/C RBG’s flying, there will be a lot of them flying Saturday from 1 PM to after 4 PM, at the US Team flyoffs . That will be the S8 event, which the Seniors fly on E power (8 second burn E6’s), and the Junior Team flies on D power (Quest D5’s).

Also other R/C flights on the Sport range for the weekend. Some for the R/C Glider Championships (an unofficial NARAM Sport event). The final flyoff for that will be Sunday afternoon (it is listed as starting at 1 PM but that may be slid back a bit since the US Team flyoffs may not be completely wrapped up by then).

If you stay for the whole week, there will also be some people who will fly R/C models in the C Rocket Glider event on Thursday, the 28th.

No egglofting R/C models though, since the NARAM egg event this year is C Eggloft Altitude.

- George

I'll be there all week competing. I'll be flying a C rocket glider made mostly following your steletto plans. ;) The very first one I built flew away. I lost sight of it after nine and a half minutes. I tried to stay up with it. I'm going to have to learn about dethermalizers.

Back