MPC Lunar Patrol

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skaffgeorge2

Reaction score
This is for all you classic kit collectors out there.I have an old MPC Lunar Patrol kit, still sealed in the original package that I'm thinking of selling but as of yet I'm still undecided.Not sure yet what I can ask for it so if interested please PM me with a quote and I'll get back to you soon.

MPC Lunar Patrol

"The Lunar Patrol rocket from MPC is one of the most unique and interesting rockets I've ever built. It's one of the Mach 10 series of kits. In addition to having two 7inch gliders the booster uses two tubes and two modified delta wings instead of conventional fins. The tube and delta wing fins also serve as the mounts for the gliders."
"It's not an easy kit to build. It's designed for the advanced modeler. If you're up to the challenge though, you'll have one of the coolest looking rockets you've ever owned..."

1687101036690.png

MPC Lunar Patrol

"The Lunar Patrol rocket from MPC is one of the most unique and interesting rockets I've ever built. It's one of the Mach 10 series of kits. In addition to having two 7inch gliders the booster uses two tubes and two modified delta wings instead of conventional fins. The tube and delta wing fins also serve as the mounts for the gliders."
"It's not an easy kit to build. It's designed for the advanced modeler. If you're up to the challenge though, you'll have one of the coolest looking rockets you've ever owned..."

Yes, that's it exactly.I had wanted one of these ever since I first saw it in the early 70's.Only found one three Years ago.I hope I don't have to sell it.

Yes, that's it exactly.I had wanted one of these ever since I first saw it in the early 70's.Only found one three Years ago.I hope I don't have to sell it.
I must admit to being very apprehensive about building this one,because it's so rare, to screw it up would really be mortifying.Not that I doubt my skills but to screw up a lovely old kit like this would be upsetting to say the least.

@milehigh did this one about 5 years back. Don't know if this will help https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/mpc-lunar-patrol-build.137581/ Looks like a real fun kit. I have played around (so far unsuccessfully) with some heavily modified clones.

@milehigh did this one about 5 years back. Don't know if this will help

https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/mpc-lunar-patrol-build.137581/
Looks like a real fun kit. I have played around (so far unsuccessfully) with some heavily modified clones.
I have the kit still in the original sealed box.If I don't build would you be interested in buying it?.I'm probably gonna build it but I'm putting out feelers just in case.

The MPC Lunar Patrol is a great kit. Not that hard to build. Take your time in trimming the gliders. I've lost count of how many gliders I have lost as they fly REALLY WELL!!

I have the kit still in the original sealed box.If I don't build would you be interested in buying it?.I'm probably gonna build it but I'm putting out feelers just in case.

Sell it on Ebay for good money; as a youngster I never built it and think I sold it ; can't remember ...

The MPC Lunar Patrol is a great kit. Not that hard to build. Take your time in trimming the gliders. I've lost count of how many gliders I have lost as they fly REALLY WELL!!
Well, the last MPC kit I built the balsa was really dry old and soft and I nearly ruined the fins trying to airfoil them.I really would like to put it together but I'm a little apprehensive about it.Be a shame to ruin such a beautiful old kit.I first saw in a magazine way back in 1970 and I instantly fell in love with it.But at the time it was beyond my skill.And it wasn't until4 years ago that I got it.Got it from some one in New York here on the Forum.Cost a pretty penny.

I still don't get it... If you are currently a rocketeer that loves building and flying rockets, why would you sell it??!! Unless you have a REALLY good reason for selling it; like maybe you want to use the money to buy another rocket you want, you should keep it and build it. Maybe put it on display on a little shelf in you room or shop.

I still don't get it... If you are currently a rocketeer that loves building and flying rockets, why would you sell it??!! Unless you have a REALLY good reason for selling it; like maybe you want to use the money to buy another rocket you want, you should keep it and build it. Maybe put it on display on a little shelf in you room or shop.
Well actually I am gonna keep it.I think it would be kinda dumb to get rid of it considering how many years it took to find one.Got it from someone here on the Forum about 4years ago.

Well actually I am gonna keep it.I think it would be kinda dumb to get rid of it considering how many years it took to find one.Got it from someone here on the Forum about 4years ago.

Put the box on display on a shelf until you get old enough to sell it yet again. I have way too many things i should not have bought back in the day ...

Latest posts

Back