Moving soon

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MysticalRockets

Reaction score
Hi gang!

Going to be moving our near Youngstown, Ohio soon. Got a sweet deal to manage some property there, and we don't pay any rent.

Any clubs out near there? I do basically LPR.

Gonna have to start my collection all over though. May have to leave a lot behind. eh, no worries. Gives me excuse to buy kits to build again.

Bob

Thanks Fox!

Looks like MTMA will be getting a new member next month some time. Or in March. Depends on if I have room for all of my rockets, or I have to start over again.

Bob

If you need supplies there is both a Hobby Lobby & Hobby Town USA stores in Boardman, it's just South of Youngstown. I work for LOC/Precision and we are on the Akron/Barberton border. We don't carry to much in low power stuff but we do have 1" body tubes, motor mounts, and nose cones for our 1" tubes. We are about 45 min West of Youngstown right off I76, after you get settled in feel free to drop in and say hi.

I lived in Akron 26 years ago. God, has it really been that long? Is the Akron Civic Theater still in the center of town? I remember going there on Halloween to watch Nospheratu with the guy playing the big pipe organ to it.

Yes the Akron Civic Theater is still there, the did a entire remodel of the place about 7 years ago.

Yes the Akron Civic Theater is still there, the did a entire remodel of the place about 7 years ago.

Cool. Last time I was there... oh gods, 26 years ago now... I remember seeing The Dead Dylan, and Tome Petty at the Rubber Bowl.

And Fox, you have the dream job there. Working for a rocket company. I'd LOVE to do that. Maybe I should start working on getting mine going again...

Bob

The Rubber Bowl is still there but Akron U has not used it since 2008, The University built a new stadium right down the street from the campus called InfoCision, their football team is still pretty weak from my understanding though.
I'm sure Akron will look much different than it did 26 years ago to you, there is no more Polsky's, Oneal's, or Higbee's let alone the rubber companies with the exception of Goodyear. Downtown is mostly banks and Akron U has campus space there now too. They do have a minor league baseball field on Main St now next to the old BF Goodrich plant. The last time I was in downtown Youngstown it was pretty much a ghost town except for some banks and some Youngstown U buildings. Boardman is a very nice area with plenty of business and not to many shady characters running around.
Did you ever see Devo perform? :D

You said you might have to leave your collection behind? Donate them to a local club for giveaway prizes or our club has a "bucket of rockets" so visiters that are just watching can pick a rocket out of the bucket to launch it that day. It's kind of cool to know someone else is enjoying your rockets and you know they have life after the move. If that's what you ment about leaving them behind? And of course you can PM me.

You said you might have to leave your collection behind? Donate them to a local club for giveaway prizes or our club has a "bucket of rockets" so visiters that are just watching can pick a rocket out of the bucket to launch it that day. It's kind of cool to know someone else is enjoying your rockets and you know they have life after the move. If that's what you ment about leaving them behind? And of course you can PM me.

-IF- I have to leave them behind, that's what I will be doing. I still have a bunch of unbuilt kits that I can probably squeeze in somewhere. I hope. I'm gonna try anyways.

Do you have a friend you can leave them with, and have them shipped to you later?

-Kevin

Maybe. We'll have to see what happens next week, and to how much room I have. Besides, I'll probably have like a full month of building time anyways. And some of them honestly need to be rebuilt. I'm going to go through them tomorrow anyways.

Back