Motor casings question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vobs

Reaction score
I have a set of 38mm Dr. Rocket motor casings that I would like to sell but I bought them with my name and ph # engraved in them.

How likely am I to damage them if I used a dremel to obliterate that info?

Thanks

I have a set of cases with Bruce Kelly’s (former TRA President) name and member number.
Don't worry about it, will be like a homing pigeon, when lost it will come home

M

I have a set of 38mm Dr. Rocket motor casings that I would like to sell but I bought them with my name and ph # engraved in them.

How likely am I to damage them if I used a dremel to obliterate that info?

Thanks
I suspect that the dremel will thin the case at that point, making a CATO more likely. Perhaps much more likely.

I have a set of cases with Bruce Kelly’s (former TRA President) name and member number.
Don't worry about it, will be like a homing pigeon, when lost it will come home

M
As long as no one calls me about my cars extended warranty huh?

Intentionally marring the cases just sounds like a terrible idea. I would never purchase motor cases with this sort of damage. Potential CATO risk notwithstanding, I would think it would badly affect your ability to sell them.

Phone number disclosure to a single person (the buyer) doesn't seem like a risk.

Kinda thought the same thing but also thought they were already "damaged" when they were originally engraved right?

I think I have ended up agreeing with you in the end though. Thanks for feedback

Back