• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of multi-channel sound.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive The Rocketry Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

More the Same

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawcustom

Reaction score
Seems like I'm far from unique in resuming a hobby from childhood. My interest is to get my kids involved with something more tangible than electronic entertainment. I justify building my own with them to present an example for them to work towards. I think it's been successful thus far, and considering I only built one rocket as a kid and I already have them up to 4 ea, I think I'm making progress.

I'm a knifemaker by trade and really enjoy craftsmanship in most any variety. I'd say for my own pursuit, this is active procrastination where I can work and build on something other than what I should be doing. I do love knifemaking and forging in general, but a few hours with rockets goes a lot farther for a finished product, and is just as fun.

I mainly am a lurker and enjoy learning and researching ideas and designs as much as building them. Just like with knives, I rarely just draw a pattern, but rather research historic or culturally distinct designs and then work from there.

I attached a pic of the next rocket to try. I'm currently waiting on my E motors to run it as high as possible. I think after this if I continue with my own builds I want to learn more about the sugar engines and build a rocket powered by a candy motor.

Anyway, thanks for a forum full of ideas and knowledge as I plan to spend plenty of time reading and researching what I can. I can never leave well enough alone, and even on the attached pic I have attempted a low-tech streamer for the first stage assembly. It will likely fail, but I like to start simple and go from there.

Thank you!

Attachments

• CCCP.jpg
    CCCP.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Welcome out of lurk mode! How old are your kids?

That’s a gorgeous paint job on your Sasha. I don’t want to think about masking a camo pattern o_O. Might have to steal your nose cone paint scheme when I finally get around to painting mine though. The black and red looks really nice.

Welcome out of lurk mode! How old are your kids?

That’s a gorgeous paint job on your Sasha. I don’t want to think about masking a camo pattern o_O. Might have to steal your nose cone paint scheme when I finally get around to painting mine though. The black and red looks really nice.
Steal away! I thought it would give a little more intimidating/munitions feel to the rocket. Never made a two-stage and really liked the looks of this kit.

My boys are 7 & 9. Next up for them is a two-stage and a cluster build, and I'm going to let them go complete custom on paint scheme. Up until now I've made them try to stick close to the represented scheme since I think going custom means more after you know you can nail the prescribed scheme first.

Back