More Rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
INDIVIDUAL Morals/Ethics are just that and NOT Laws.
What one sees as a total ethical/moral violation could be totally acceptable to others.
.....that is a normal accepted practice in many other countries and is seen as what is neccessary to get business done. Do I see anything wrong with this ? Not for ME to say and should be up to those ONLY within the situation and not for some other "moral entity" to impose their brand of moral nonsense.
Tyring to impose someone else's morals/ethics onto another I find patently offensive in ALL circumstances.

LEGITIMATE Laws are a different story.

This logically unsupportable and patently ridiculous.

Hey All,

I am putting together a statement regarding the recent bashing of MoreRockets.com. This matter is being taken very seriously. At the moment, there is no scheduled date and time for its release. Please bear with me until then.

Thanks for understanding,

Sincerely,

Dan
MoreRockets.com

Oh Gawd, here we go again. No thongs please. :no:

I'm not sure how the DMCA would apply here*, that's more about circumventing copy protection systems and providing safe harbour for online service providers.

Then again, 'Copyright Act of 1976' doesn't really fit in the song. ;)

Creative Commons ftw!

Cheers,
Phil

*I am not a lawyer.
On this side of the pond, the DMCA has been used for just about everything.

Companies routinely send each other "take down notices" over garage door openers, printer cartridges, reprints of "copyright" material, and other things that upon first glance appear to have nothing to do with "digital" matters.

I am not a lawyer either but based on my acquaintance with several, the law is subject to broad/wide interpretation. Recently several lawyers in Spain assisted a woman in asserting a claim of ownership of the Sun. For real. No joke. No need to Google it...I did it for you.

Here's the serious version.

I'm now seeking an attorney to represent me in a claim for damages against her related to a skin cancer I had removed a few years ago. Maybe we can get class action status.

The rest of you had better start sending her your usage fees. Paypal, I think, is handling it.

... still no statement ... he's been working on it since the 7th ... must be writer's block.

EDIT: While checking to see if he'd posted here since the 7th, I noticed this:

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showpost.php?p=34850&postcount=70

He OWNS a nicely finished Mach 10. All he needed was a decent photographer to take a picture of it for his face card. He didn't need to steal from Inflight.

Does NOT make sense to me.

Last edited:
Gentleman,

I do fear retaliion on this subject AND I am NOT defending MOREROCKETS.COM.
I am a musician and I had to look into this subject regarding music, but it carries over to most other subjects, including producing rockets, clone or otherwise.
Until the person or persons make extreamly large amounts of money profitting from others peoples work, little or no notice will be taken or action will be taken against the "perp" (perpetrator). So unless ESTES or others want to start a lawsuit against MOREROCKETS.COM, They, MOREROCKETS.COM can sell all the rockets they want to until a cease and desist order is issued.
Plain and simple, steel all you want, but dont get caught!

Daniel

Gentleman,

I do fear retaliion on this subject AND I am NOT defending MOREROCKETS.COM.
I am a musician and I had to look into this subject regarding music, but it carries over to most other subjects, including producing rockets, clone or otherwise.
Until the person or persons make extreamly large amounts of money profitting from others peoples work, little or no notice will be taken or action will be taken against the "perp" (perpetrator). So unless ESTES or others want to start a lawsuit against MOREROCKETS.COM, They, MOREROCKETS.COM can sell all the rockets they want to until a cease and desist order is issued.
Plain and simple, steel all you want, but dont get caught!

Daniel

There is a point to be made that "morerockets.com" may not be doing a lot of monetary damage ... on the other hand, your comment about being a musician reminded me that - sometimes you don't have to "sell" anything to get into a heap of copyright trouble.

RIAA wins key victory...

There is a point to be made that "morerockets.com" may not be doing a lot of monetary damage ... on the other hand, your comment about being a musician reminded me that - sometimes you don't have to "sell" anything to get into a heap of copyright trouble.

RIAA wins key victory...

Thank you, exactly the point.

I'm mostly irritated at being THREATENED by him because I called him out.

Back