Mobius Mini Camera questions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FMarvinS

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'd fully appreciate some responses, even if partial since my experience has only been with a Mobius original several years ago. the purpose of this post is to acquire info for the potential utilization of a Mobius mini camera mounted internally with an external shroud covering the lens positioned at 15 to 20 degrees. Since the camera battery use is only good for 30 minutes, I was planning to use an externally connected Lipo to extend the use of the camera. So I'd appreciate responses to the following questions:
1. Which reliable dealer that sells "genuine" mobius cameras have you been satisfied with since there are counterfeits in the market?
2. With an external Lipo, can one integrate a wifi switch or magnetic switch to turn on/off camera before flight. Can this on/off be repetitive without having the SD card rewritten?
3. For those that used the external Lipo was a SBEC required to not surge above 5 volts, such as
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy...eCBhDPARIsAFDTLTKOrx12x8d1jmkXh5DtL0g5nDhOhV8

Thank you for your responses and any additional info.

Fred, L2
ICBM, Camden, S.C.
KG4YGP

Back