MMX Amraam

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike

Reaction score
Thought I'd post a pic of my downscale(ish) Amraam missile. Based on BT-5 tubing and is designed to fly of MMX motors. Its not 100% scale as the nosecone is wrong for one but it looks real enough. The motor next to it is an Estes D12.

Mike,
That looks like it is about as close to 'scale' as you can get when you are working with tweezers.
Now we all want to know: are you going to build a scale launcher to go with it? Maybe an F-15? Or an F-16?

Mike,

WOW!

Really neat!

ahhh...don't bother trying to take a flight pic...ain't gonna happen.

Those things are too small and too fast for most cameras!

Actually...buying a platic model of an F-16 or F-15...or maybe a Tornado, might be a cool idea for a launcher!

sandman

Originally posted by Mike
Thought I'd post a pic of my downscale(ish) Amraam missile. Based on BT-5 tubing and is designed to fly of MMX motors. Its not 100% scale as the nosecone is wrong for one but it looks real enough. The motor next to it is an Estes D12.

There are only a small few of those floating around the Forum. I don't think it's a matter of being "easy" to do either. I think MMX sport scales or true scales take *a lot* more patience than some 18mm powered birds. I don't know that I'd have the patience for something like that. Looks neat. Very nice. Almost perfect for the backyard!

Good Job Mike! Should make a fine flyer

here's a pic of my 1:18.6667 Scale Amraam 120a, Based on T-3 (.375" od) tubing. Ewt is 7.9g
Sandman is right! Flys like a bat on the 5663 MM-II motors, all i've captured with my digital and 35mm are a bunch of smoke trails:D

Thanks for the nice comments you guys...but I think you jinxed it!

Guess I'll have to start again.

Originally posted by Mike
Thanks for the nice comments you guys...but I think you jinxed it!

Guess I'll have to start again.

:eek: What happened? :confused: Looks like something I did to my Decee Thunder. :( Well, I guess you can reassess what you'd like to do on the next one. Sorry about that.

Falling CD Rack + MMX Amraam = Loud Swearing (and broken rocket)

Ho that hurts mike:
real sorry bout that! but maybe I can make it at least a little less of a lose.
I'm going to try to attach a one page plan for the micro-maxx T-3 Amraam. you should be able to stick the dwg in a copier and increase the size to fit your body BT-5 body. I had to reduce the res. to 65 dip and cut of the right and left page margins to get it to load. hope it is of some help.
If you need a better res copy, your can e-mail me or it is in Pdf format in the files section of the MicroMaxRockets yahoo group.

Back