MissileWorks LCD Terminal Project Box Enclosure

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kweaver

Always willing to learn!
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi All,
It was suggested that I post this so here goes! I hope I am posting this correctly.

MissileWorks LCD Terminal Enclosure Project
I am really happy with my Missiles Works RCC3 and the LCD terminal.
The ease of use, quality of the build and the components, as well as the superb support, have confirmed my decision to be a strong supporter and promoter of Missile Work’s product line.
I wanted to protect the LCD terminal unit and make it is easy to find in and out my rocket box.
Also part of my goal was to use parts and tools I already had, yet make it easy to use and carry.
This is a very rough finished project, but was doable as my first project of this type, and a learning experience.

I had on hand, a LMB Tite-Fit aluminum 2 piece chassis project box # 777 4.25 inches x 2.25 inches x 1.5 inches, a little bit larger than need but okay.
These were the steps I did to finish the project
Step 1: Mark the position for LCD board 4-40x.75 nylon stand-offs and drill the holes.
Step 2: Cut out LCD display opening.
Step 3. Cut out a cell phone screen protector to protect the LCD screen.
Step 4: file smooth the LCD opening.
Step 5: paint the box bright yellow to make it easier to find amongst my launch stuff.
Step 6: cut a wood bezel to cover-up my poor job of the LCD display cut-out.
Step 7: I had some leftover standoffs that were a little short, so I add an extra nut to each standoff, and used a nut on the outside bottom as feet.
Photo 1 Photo 2
Step 8: Mark the position for the 10 pin cable and drill a hole, put a rubber grommet in place to protect the cable.
Step 9: Mark the position for the LCD brightness control, and drill a hole.
Photo 3
Step 10: Mark the position for the LCD display terminal navigation buttons, and drill 4 holes in the top of the project box.
Step 11: contact cement (that’s what I had!) the wood bezel in place.
Step 12: Mark the position for the LCD display terminal navigation buttons, and drill 4 holes.
Step 13: Stain and seal wood bezel.
Step 14: Assembly project box. “Pic of finished project”
Photo 4
I am considering some sort of home-made push rod and button, so I do not need to use my small screwdriver, to reach the LCD terminal buttons.
Also, I may get really ambitious and mount a connector on the box! That will depend on whether, as per another post I find a connector for the outside of the electronics bay. I am looking at possible using micro USB 3.0 or micro HDMI connecter on the electronics bay switch ring, so I do not to take apart the altimeter bay to read the data!
Comments and suggestions welcome! :confused:

Ken Weaver
[email protected]
AMA L-852268
KG7EXK
NAR 77872 L1

Photo1-InsideStandOffs-nut.jpg

Photo2-coveroff--bottom.jpg

photo3-cover off.jpg

Photo4-Finished.jpg

Back