Micro Tower Launcher

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micromeister

Micro Craftman/ClusterNut
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm never quite sure if this kind of Micor-Maxx stuff should be placed here on in support and recovery so I'll show a single photo of this New 3 and 4 fin Micro Maxx Clear tube tower here and put a more detailed construction explaination in the support section.
Fairly easy to built with mostly standard tools;)

That looks like a clean little tower design. I take it that your experience indicates there is no need for longer guide rails?

That's the picture we needed here on TRF a few days ago when some guy wanted to know how to minimize LL drag?

Originally posted by powderburner
That looks like a clean little tower design. I take it that your experience indicates there is no need for longer guide rails?

For micro's I've never used anything longer than 12" launch rods for models other than Gliders. Pop pod Gliders end up with the pod sitting so high on the rod, extra lenght is needed to give the little motor about 8 to 9 iches to get the model up and away. Stock micro rod length is 8", I use 9" and 12" for even the heaviest micro models. 18grams is the heaviest model that I've actually had clear the rod on a single MM-II motor;)

That's the picture we needed here on TRF a few days ago when some guy wanted to know how to minimize LL drag?

Powder:
Heres a pic of my Standard Competition tower. It's outfitted with 36" rails capped with 1/4" Teflon rod for 3 and 4 fin models. If memory serves the outside PVC rings are 8 or 9 inch diameter. I've added fold up 1x2 wooden tripod legs, a drop down alum. fitting to accept both standard and floating head pistons and an add-on 10 amp relay for Cluster Altitude flying.
Actually I thought we'ed looked at this thing awhile ago maybe not?
If anyone needs other views I'm pertty sure I have a consturction page on this tower somewhere, or a bunch of detail views
Hope this helps

Back