Micro Maxx Collection

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckreef

Reaction score
So I am the one who bought the Micro Maxx Collection :grin:

It contained 18 rockets, 8 additional kits, 3 silo's, and over 200 motors. The motors are the new blue tube motors but with the old Silo ingitors.

The rockets minus 1 silo and 2 rockets
MMXcollection.jpg

The additional Kits
AdditionalKits.jpg

I like the 9V controller but not as configured for use in the Silo. So I cut it out of one of the Silo's and attached some small alligator clips. I like this better then my old Estes Electron Beam controller.
9vController.jpg

The silo as a launch pad was lacking so I made my own using a small adjustable tripod.
LaunchPad.jpg

So many motors w/ a crappy ignitor system I had to come up with something that would work consistently. 1st using a small screw driver pry apart the plastic ignitor holder.
PryApart.jpg

Carefully pry the ignitor out.
IgnitorOut.jpg

Used a small strip of blue masking tape to make sure it doesn't short out.
SmallStrip.jpg

I cut my own balsa plug at an angle. This one is 1" long but I think I will go down to 3/4" in the future
BalsaPlug.jpg

The ignitor and plug inserted. I bend the ignitor at a slight angle opposite of the launch lugs.
Ignitor-PlugInserted.jpg

The plug holds the ignitor in the rocket and also holds the rocket off the pad.
PlugHoldsRocket.jpg

Using this system I was able to do 5 back to back launches tonight without a hiccup. It only takes about 1 min to make the ignitor and I plan on making a bunch of these ready to go. These little rockets are great fun in the front yard now that I have a system for consistent flights.

Nice launch rig. I may have to steal your igniter configuration, if I may.

I just lost my Fliskits Crayon (Yellow) about two weeks ago. Both my spotter 'daughter' and I saw it go up, heard the ejection charge, but no luck tracking it down. So we came to the conclusion that the Rocket Gods must have snatched it away, because we just couldn't find it where we both thought it should have tracked.

Nice launch rig. I may have to steal your igniter configuration, if I may.

I just lost my Fliskits Crayon (Yellow) about two weeks ago. Both my spotter 'daughter' and I saw it go up, heard the ejection charge, but no luck tracking it down. So we came to the conclusion that the Rocket Gods must have snatched it away, because we just couldn't find it where we both thought it should have tracked.

Steal away it works great. Tonight I gave it 3 more test fires to make sure everything was as consistent as last night. This time I just pushed the motors into the ground (too windy for a rocket). All three worked without issue.

If you do this ignitor mod in production fashion you can get a bunch done in no time at all.

Sorry about the yellow Crayon.

My Nieces and Nephew came into town for the week. Today we did about 30 MMX launches. Out off all the launches we only had one ignitor failure and one CATO. Even with that I feel today was a complete success. I was able to capture a few launch pictures by taking a video at 60 fps and then extract a frame from the video. Not the very best pictures but these little rockets go really fast off the pad. Currently I am at about 45 launches using the original 9 volt battery.

RawFusionLaunch01.jpg

Vector1Launch01.jpg

Last edited:
Back