METRA Launch (June 2 & 3)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikePassaretti

Don't Debate This!
Reaction score
I'd like to ask a small favor of anyone who owns 98mm CTI hardware. Can you bring a complete motor (closures + casing) with you to the June launch so that I can take actual measurements? I do not need to borrow the hardware for any length of time, instead just a few minutes with it to get the as-built info. I need. It would be helpful if the motor was not loaded.

My motor is not due in for some time and I'm in need of actual dimensions to complete part of a design.

Thank you!

No sir, the manufacturer provided drawing shows a limited or minimal amount of detail and no actual specifications of tolerance, etc. Hence my desirement for "actual" i.e. measured dimensions.

Thanks for posting though!

Mike

Not sure what you are actually looking for though the tolerance specs are right next to the CTI logo (at lower right center).

X/X = 1/64
.X = ..010
.XX = .002
.XXX = .0005

x' = Who cares if the dimension is in feet....

Last edited:
Hi Al,

Thanks for pointing out the tolerances. Unfortunately for me, I am still in need of a few dimensions that are not called out on the drawing. This in addition to actual dimensions of what is called out. Again, a few minutes with a motor or two will give me what I need.

Thanks for your help!

Why not just ask! for the dimensions you need??????????????

Hi Gary,

If you have the time, the hardware and a decent caliper (0.001-005" accuracy), shoot me an e-mail and I'll explain it to you.

Thanks for the reply!

Mike,
If you don't get what you want here, shoot Robert DeHate(AMW, at every METRA launch) a message, and I bet he could either provide the dimensions, or bring a case to the launch (he may have them anyway).
-Andy

Mike,
If you don't get what you want here, shoot Robert DeHate(AMW, at every METRA launch) a message, and I bet he could either provide the dimensions, or bring a case to the launch (he may have them anyway).
-Andy

Good idea. Thanks for the tip Andy.

Is ayone going to fly anything or should I just leave all my rockets home and bring calipers instead? :p

JD

Better bring your caliper ... just in case. :)

Prob. some small stuff, saving for NERRF. Good chance we'll have two (slightly) stretched Minnie-Mags ready for a drag race on J's.

Small chance I might be ready to test a 900Mhz 1W telemetry link I am preparing for use later this year at BALLS.

Mike

Will fly a few small dual deploys, watch my kids play in the dirt. I want to have my 4" Darkstar ready for NERRF. Need to get some 54mm CTI hardware and a 60" chute as well.

I'd like to ask a small favor of anyone who owns 98mm CTI hardware. Can you bring a complete motor (closures + casing) with you to the June launch so that I can take actual measurements? I do not need to borrow the hardware for any length of time, instead just a few minutes with it to get the as-built info. I need. It would be helpful if the motor was not loaded.

My motor is not due in for some time and I'm in need of actual dimensions to complete part of a design.

Thank you!

Mike what day you planning on going? And does case length make a difference?

Mike what day you planning on going? And does case length make a difference?

Haven't decided yet but would like to get one day in. For now, I'm free to go both days.

Any length case with a full set of closures (mainly the fwd) will do the trick. You planning on making the trip?

I can't make Saturday so I'm planning on going Sunday, I'll bring a 98mm case and all the closures.

Hey guys! Tim said I had to have a sale.....Sooo all I'm gonna say is that it's gonna be big. Bring your cash cause the big discounts don't work for cards, if you know what I mean. Stop by and find out....

awesome, ill be there on sunday to load up a bit, and then Tims sale for nerrf on top of it :) gonna be a good month
looking forward to finally getting my mariah 38 air borne, hopefully the clouds hold off!

My tentative flight plans.

Upscale scratch 7.5" Diablo on a CTI J244WH
Pic is a J570W
IMG_6400-2.jpg

Shape Shifter On a J270G, A kit I designed for Wildman Rocketry
Pic is an I242WH
MDRA2012_0421.jpg

4" HELLFIRE On a CTI K740CS. The Hellfire is another kit I designed thats for sale through Rocketry Warehouse
Only the 4" is avalible but here is my 4" & 6" HELLFIRE's
012-4.jpg

Last edited:
Caught this flight coming off the away cell at about 12:50pm today. I believe the rocket belonged to John Ritz (sp?). Great motor and flight!

[video=youtube_share;TNvarrVd3qA]https://youtu.be/TNvarrVd3qA[/video]

Anybody get any pictures of my 4" Darkstar? Painted black and white with stars all over, flew it on a K515 Skid? I got one, Ill post it here in a second

Liftoff on a K515 Skid to 4,740'
Failed recovery tho, so trying again
P6032620.jpg
P6032629.jpg

Back