METRA Launch August 27 / 28 Pine Island NY

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by dlappert
Rudy... Coffee just might be there. Has been the last few launches. But BYO. I'll take a latte.

Dan.. I will have some loads with me, let's talk. No, I won't have a 10k, but I's, J's and K's.

Den

I'll be miserable without coffee, ugly even......guess I'll have to stop on the way up, and I'l need the super duper secret alternate return trip treasure map to avoid the line at the toll booth, should you have it handy. :)

Chuck

Steve:

Just took a closer look at the METRA gallery. You got photos of three of my motors. A K Flaming Pumkin, a J Purple Nebula and a K Wizards Beard. Very nice and very appreciated.

Haha...my dad is ready...life or death, he will be there.

I have soooo many motors to burn...

How's it looking for sparky weather?

Steve H:

I have motor loads, do you have the hardware?

I have 54mm 1750 loads, 76mm 2400 loads.

haha! Lappert Research has been really producing loads I guess.

This should be a good launch, I feel like a drace race may come out of it.

Anybody know if there are any Ms going up?

MEGANUKE1350:

One SPACE 2400ns load coming up.

These loads are 2 grain, 5", .625" core. I have LOKI 76mm 2400ns hardware, but they should be fine in AMW 75mm 2500ns hardware as well. Probably the same case. LOKI nozzle throat is .5", AMW is probably same, but I don't have the actual dimension.

:cool:

MEGANUKE1350:

The load I have for you, for the METRA launch on the 28th, is a SPACE K-680 Wizards Beard.

White/White Smoke. ;)

mmhmm, that sounds awesome! Love that wizards beard. Would someone like to disclose the formula? ;)

Dennis - by any chance do you have an extra gallon of R45 I could buy from you on sunday? It's good to have on hand.

Dan:

Running low on R45 myself. I'll usually buy 5 gallons from Jeff T. If he's coming he may be able to help you.

:rolleyes:

hmm...sounds good.

If by chance you have a 38mm I motor with an ejection charge, I might exchange some range duty for it.

Nope... no 38's with ejection charge. EC's are too difficult to get right.

:cool:

No, I'm sorry but I won't be there for a few of them but I will go to one before Winter comes.

Well, when I herd that Lappert Research was going to fly some of his homemade loads I HAD to be there to take pictures of them ;)

That's the best report of all. I need at least a 6-7000ft cloud ceiling for the M.

Maybe there will be some holes we can punch into, the Mustang needs at least 10K

I need 6k for my Magnum on a Blue L motor, and maybe 7-8k for my Competitor, depending on what's in it. If it's a tad wet, I can fly my sparky, and I'd be happy...but not too much wetness.

Here's a pic of those blue grains.

Cool :cool: Can't wait to see it! Dennis, what loads are you flying tomorrow?

We're not gonna make it.......I'm dead tired from all the work th is week......sorry guys.

Chuck

I dont think so either, not sure yet.

Dennis, can we fly into the clouds? That might change my mind a bit.

Back