The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sep 28, 2012
Reaction score
Michiana Rocketry will be hosting a 2-day launch Saturday April 27 and 28 Year 2019

Last year's MIDWESTBLAST3 was well attended with lot's of great launches, we are expecting even a bigger and better launch this year. You don’t wanna miss this one!

Launch details:
Launch times both days 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
Waiver for Saturday April 27 to 16,000 feet, Waiver for Sunday 28 to 12,000 feet
Motors permitted up to M impulse size, EX both days,
Sparkys = Yes, We luv them
On site fully adjustable NEW LAUNCH PADS launch pads:
8 Low Power pads ( A thru E) 1/8 to 1/4 inch rods
4 Mid Power pads (F,G H,I) 1 inch (1010) rails, 3/8,1/2 rods
4 High Power pads (J,K,L) 1 inch (1010) rails
2 Extreme High Power Pad (M) 1.5 inch (1515) rail, 280 pound limit
Launch controller WilsonFX digital wireless
Multiple vendors will be onsite both days.
Two Porta Potties, Hand washing station and trash dumpster provided.
Food: Saturday will have catered food and drinks on site
Food provided by award winning catering
Saturday night after launch meet/party/BS session at Nelson's Saloon (yes kid friendly)
at 18 N. Elm St, Downtown Three Oaks MI
Directions and more info:

We will be following the same Michiana Rocketry Daily Launch Form Fee schedule below for MWB4:
Children under 18 years of age - FREE
Adult Member with Season Pass HP all motors - FREE
Adult Member Low Power motors G or smaller - FREE
Adult Member High Power motors H or larger- $10.00
Adult Non-Member Low Power motors G or smaller - $5.00
Adult Non-Member High Power motors H or larger - $15.00 Per Day or $20.00 both days

Note: To get a good start on this we will be setting up on Friday April 26th starting around 3 pm EST so if you can come and help out this will be much appreciated.

We are scheduled on having the launch unless something drastic happens to the weather, so always check the website before you plan to make the trip down. Due to a lot of people traveling and the logistics needed for the event we will post if the MIDWESTBLAST4 launch planned is a GO or NO-GO by April 24th the Wednesday before launch.

We can always use volunteers to help in setting up, breaking down, and work the LCO and RSO positions for this launch, Remember we all need to help share the responsibility of running the club.

So, let’s all come on out and have a great time.
Go to for the latest launch update and map to field
John Olevich
Michiana Rocketry

MWB4.jpg View attachment 379838


    94.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Hello Michiana rocketry members and friends, we have our MIDWESTBLAST4 scheduled for this coming weekend April 27th and 28th, 2019, but due to the weather this launch will be canceled. We will re-schedule a make-up launch for Saturday May 11th 2019.

The weather for this weekend is not looking good. Accuweather Forecast as of today for Saturday is showing 80% to 90 % rain chance with completely cloudy skies, 15 MPH wind speed with 24 MPH gusts with high only 50 Deg, F. And for Sunday 10% rain chance with mostly cloudy skies, 15 MPH wind speed with 24 MPH gusts with high only 50 Deg, F, If the wind speed is near what it is forecasted at for Sunday, per Tripoli rules would not even be allowed to launch much of anything. The Google weather forecast is a little better but still showing 90% scattered showers for this Saturday and in the past, it seems like the Accuweather forecast has been more accurate than the Google weather forecast for the Three Oaks, MI area.

I was planning on having a make-up launch on May 11th and May 12th, But, have been notified by several members and my wife that May 12th is Mother’s day and many probably will have plans which don’t involve taking your mom or wife to a rocket launch.

So, what I am planning is to have a big launch on just Saturday May 11th, hopefully the weather will cooperate and give us a nice warm sunny May day and we can do an extra busy MIDWESTBLAST4 all rolled into one busy day.

So, mark your calendar, for a make-up launch for Saturday May 11th, 2019. (of course, weather permitting)

I was in touch with the farmer who uses our field and due to the wetter and colder than usual spring weather the field plowing that usually starts at the beginning of May has been pushed back a few weeks. So, at the moment he has giving us the go ahead to plan a launch on May 11th.

I will update you as soon as I know more, but always check this website for the latest updates.
John Olevich
Michiana Rocketry