measurement for ring grooves

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fireone

Reaction score
I am planning on making my own cases for EX. What I need to know is the specifications of the snap ring and thrust ring grooves. I would like to know location( from case edge) of the groove and depthof them for 75mm cases. Any and all help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Originally posted by fireone
I am planning on making my own cases for EX. What I need to know is the specifications of the snap ring and thrust ring grooves. I would like to know location( from case edge) of the groove and depthof them for 75mm cases. Any and all help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance

snap ring groove - .101"

leading edge of snap ring groove is .250" from outside edge of case. (leading edge being the inside edge of groove, not the edge closest to the end of the case)

groove depth is 1/2 the wall thickness of case.

Hope this helps.

If you are really into it - you can do your own calcs to see how much stress your grooves will take and what pressure you can expect them to shear out. Sometimes it is nice to know the how and why of the grooves instead of just dimensions.

Edward

Back