MDRA Jan 14/15 Launch:

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaryT

Reaction score
With MDRA being a 6 hour drive for me I've only flown there during the Red Glare launches.

A few of us from my area are planing on making the trek down for the January Launch, Just wondering who else is planning to attend and what you all are flying?

As most already know the Jan launch is the Christmas Tree launch so that alone should make for some crazy fun, I'm hoping to generate a good crowd so who's with me????????????

I'm in. Just need to figure out what I'm flying. Maybe a Thor!!??

If all goes as planned, I am launching my 1/3 scale Honest John on three (3) of my new Aerotech L1250DM signature motors!

Wow! The famed Dan Micheals has finally joined out community!

Just remember being the heavy handed, rule oriented organization that MDRA is, we will continue to abuse our authority and inflict undue hardship on the MDRA membership, taking particular joy enforcing the rules associated with launching Christmas Trees.

1) Pointy End Up. This is thinking man’s / women’s challenge. If it were easy anybody could do it.
2) Keep it to "about" a K-impulse. We are not trying to send these to the moon, only trying to put a smile on everyone’s faces.
3) Festivus Poles do not count. Some of you may not know this, but they are not trees. However, feats of strength may be applied to the impulse of your motors.

Let the airing of the grievance’s begin…..:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8g4Ztf7hIM

Last edited:
Just remember being the heavy handed, rule oriented organization that MDRA is, we will continue to abuse our authority and inflict undue hardship on the MDRA membership, taking particular joy with enforcing the rules associated with launching Christmas Trees.

1) Pointy End Up. This is thinking man’s / women’s challenge. If it were easy anybody could do it.
2) Keep it to about a K-impulse. We are not trying to put these to the moon, only trying to put a smile on everyone’s faces.
3) Festivus Poles do not count. Some of you may not know this, but they are not trees. However, feats of strength may be applied to the impulse of your motors.

Bah humbug! Occupy Higgs, I say!

For you Al, anything. Just so everyone knows, Al is the guy who added the next rule…….pick up and remove from the field all non-biodegradable materials after your "Tree" crashes…..way to go Al….:kill:

Just remember being the heavy handed, rule oriented organization that MDRA is, we will continue to abuse our authority and inflict undue hardship on the MDRA membership, taking particular joy enforcing the rules associated with launching Christmas Trees.

2) Keep it to "about" a K-impulse. We are not trying to send these to the moon, only trying to put a smile on everyone’s faces.

Yea,, rules,, rules,, rules,, rules,, funny,,,, the only "rule" used to be a "K" motor,, then pointy side up,, last years my entry looked like a tree,, well kind of,,, but strange how the only tree that didn't launch was my "I hate rules" "tree" IT'S A CONSPIRACY I SAY,, IT'S FIXED,, I'M BEING misTREEDed (now that's funny,, I don't care who you are,,, I saw you all smile) I will now retire to my basement to work on my "special tree" for Neil:eek::fly::dark::impatient:

I hope its more than an AMRAAM with some pilfered garland... :fly:

LOL Nice!

Dan you going to put any loads in the NC?
Gary,

Not this time, I wanna see how it flies without ANY influence from the "spin stabilizers". Besides, if I burn three (3) of those L1250DM's, everyone is gonna have enough of a time watching ALL THOSE SPARKS!!!

I hope to be able to make it. Likely fly a few MPRs and maybe send up the Gizmo for a Level 1 attempt.

Sounds good Dan, Either way should prove to be a pretty cool flight.

Haven't decided what I'm flying yet, Most likely the Gizmo XL, My 4" Hellfire, The Shape Shifter and probably 1 more.

I plan to bring my Intimidator 3 (54-3G Sparky), Competitor 5 (76-4800 White), and two stage Formula 54 (H128W to 29-2G).

Hopefully it's not unbearably cold.

For you Al, anything. Just so everyone knows, Al is the guy who added the next rule…….pick up and remove from the field all non-biodegradable materials after your "Tree" crashes…..way to go Al….:kill:

So Neil spins off more rules and I get the blame...I think Tom is onto something. We need an "OCCUPY MDRA" movement to illustrate the patent unfairness of Neil's somewhat anti-benevolent rule making.

I bet Bob does not have this many rules!

So Neil spins off more rules and I get the blame...I think Tom is onto something. We need an "OCCUPY MDRA" movement to illustrate the patent unfairness of Neil's somewhat anti-benevolent rule making.

:point::point::point::point::point::point::point::point::point::point::point: :point::point::point::point::point::point::point::point::point:

Can't camp out on the farm. IT'S A RULE!:lol:

If this weather holds out we'll have an awesome launch come Jan 14th.

Here is a kit I designed for Wildman Rockey called the Shape Shifter That I'll be flying in Jan.

I'll be there for the January launch with my 5.5" Outer Limits on a 98mm Infinity Red load. I'm also planning to shred patelldp's 54mm MD rocket with an Infinity K1700 Ultraviolet. :dark:

Todd

I'll be there, Hopefully gaining my level 2 with my Black Saturday Vindicator!

Back