MDRA Eastern Shore Launch 3/20 Looking for a Picture

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5x7

Reaction score
I am hoping someone can email or post a picture of a launch from Sunday, 3/20, last weekend. I think the flight was between 10:30 and 11:30 in the morning. It is my 'Viper' flown on a green M from one of the extreme rails at the away cell. It's a rocket in alternating gray and white primer, with a white NC and gray fins. Here is a picture of it at LDRS 28. Thanks for looking!

L3Zimmerman.jpg

Did anyone get any pictures of my full scale ARCAS that I flew later in the day around 1PM?

I got 2-3 frames before it disappeared.

ARCAS4.5a2.JPG

JD

I got a few Jeff. My camera was acting funny, so a bunch were out of focus, but I managed to get a few decent ones.

_MG_0133.jpg

_MG_0134.jpg

_MG_0138.jpg

Great shots none the less!
I was a bit nervous while taking pictures and hoping it would come back in one piece.

I had a few bumps in the road before getting it to the pad:

I had to cut the liner to size
Had to trim the grains down as I was using a Loki Smoke bulkhead with a Kosdon 76mm x 4700 case
Had to drill out the cores as I had intended to fly a 76mm x3500, but I didn't have the right nozzle I wanted (needed a 5/8" throat)
I had to barrow the paperwork on the Missile Works Mini so I could program in the mach delay....

Lucky I did because one of the 2 altimeters on board didn't fire the main charge (the other was an ARTS1). I believe that it was a battery issue. One of the batteries was straight out of the package and it was a rechargeable (not a good idea).

ACRASFLTgraph.JPG

DataCaptureL1740.JPG

ARCASMachflt.JPG

L1738Bluemotorplot.JPG

This is from the Garmin Astro GPS plot:

AstroDogTrackerGPSb.JPG

Thank you!

Jeff

I got a few Jeff. My camera was acting funny, so a bunch were out of focus, but I managed to get a few decent ones.

Last edited:
Back