May Best Rocket Competition MPR/HPR

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pantherjon

Reaction score
A little tardy, but here goes!

Our awesome sponsor this month is Sirius Rocketry! Get Sirius with your rockets! Scroll down to see what the theme and prize is! :)

This is the official location of The Rocketry Forum Best Rocket Competition. This is a monthly event to show off your "stuff" and find out who has THE BEST ROCKET OF THE MONTH! When entering, make sure you follow the criteria listed below and you will do fine. From the 21st(or there about) until the end of the month we'll be polling to see who should win the Best Rocket Competition.

Whenever I can get appropriate sponsorships for the month there will be 2 contests. One will be strictly LOW POWER(F impulse and below) and the other will be MPR/HPR(G impulse and higher). So double check to make sure you entering in the correct 'power level' thread! Only ONE entry per person per month(no entering BOTH LPR and MPR/HPR in a single given month!). The thread titles will reflect the power level: XXX Best Rocket Competition LPR or XXX Best Rocket Competition MPR/HPR.

Da Rulez

1. Header of picture should include, name, what kit or was it custom, LPR, MPR or HPR. Example: LPR Estes Hijinx..Put this in the 'title' block when posting.
2. A BRIEF description of rocket details. Anything that would make it apparent to somebody that yours is THE BEST.
3. Only ONE entry per month.
4. Please no extended off topic conversations.
5. Rockets made at any period of time may be used.Rocket needs to be in your possession/fleet at the time of the competition!
5A. Rockets entered MUST have at least one successful flight. Not simulated, but real world flying through the sky type..with successful recovery.
6. Rocket may be entered into the current months competition only ONCE! Rocket may be entered into a following months competition if it fits the given category.
7. If there is a monthly specified type of contest (such as red, white and blue themed), you can only enter rockets that are applicable.
8. Entries will be taken first 3 weeks of month and after the 21st of every month the contest closes.
9. The last week of the month we will be polling on who should win in each class.
10. Winners get bragging rights for a month!

Theme

Easy theme this month: Fantasy craft! Let the imaginations run wild! Remember 'F' impulse and higher!
So, show us your awesome builds!

Remember detail, details, details! So don't be shy, include extra photos of the little bits that make YOUR model extra special!
If you entry is a kit, let us know who's kit it is!

PRIZE(S)

Our awesome sponsor this month is Sirius Rocketry! Get Sirius with your rockets! And the prize is a $30 dollar shopping spree at Sirius Rocketry!

So, let's get those entries in!

I have one already. Just wanted to get into the thread so I could find it again.

Well, due to the underwhelming response so far this month, I am going to extend the deadline for entry to May 25th and open the them to ANYTHING.

So, let's see some rockets! ;)

Well, due to the underwhelming response so far this month, I am going to extend the deadline for entry to May 25th and open the them to ANYTHING.

So, let's see some rockets! ;)

Ok, I'm in. I've been waiting for a contest in which I had a rocket that fit the profile.
I'm submitting my rocket, Black 5, the Qtr Scale.

The original design was inspired by the Squirrel Works Vulture kit. Making a few modifications like lengthening the body tube, removing the outside 'finlets', I made an upscale version. Unfortunately the bad boy made it off the pad, but only in pieces. You can see pics of the building process, paint job, and its eventual demise at this link.

If you didn't know, the original full scale will grace the 2011 Calendar from Photos by Nadine for the month of September. The 2011 Calendar is dedicated to great CATOs.

Distraught, and with months of therapy and shock treatment I finally emerged from the closet where I had been sobbing into my favorite blanket. I built a qtr scale version. Details of that are here.

With another fine decal set from Stickershock, the Qtr scale was completed in time for Red Glare 7 where she took her first flight on a Loki H100. Video
Since then she has flown several more times, each successfully although on the second flight it had a slightly tangled chute. But she was built tough and has survived unscathed.

I then decided to do a half scale which flew successfully at Red Glare 8 on a K400. I also have plans to build a 10th scale. I love the deisgn and look of it soo much that I'm going to build a couple more of these at various sizes. People have asked me if I will rebuild the full scale.
.... maybe. :eek:

But until then, the Black 5 Qtr Scale is not just another rocket for me, its about picking up the pieces after a setback and trying again. We'll always have setbacks, its what we do when we have them that makes the difference.
P1020212.JPG

P1020218.JPG

Last edited:
Bump...
A great prize for this months MPR/HPR competition and the theme is 'Anything'.

Not to late to sign up your favorite rocket!!!

If it's anything, I'll enter OSD. Paint theme copied from Eddie Van Halen's Frankenstrat guitar.

DSCN1300.jpg

Sitting with dad's strong arm.
DSCN1270.jpg

Fresh paint

classickramer10.jpg

Eddie's Guitar.

This rocket loves the Kosdon motors! It will fly anything from E16 to I200.

A rocket with an Eddie Van Halen paint scheme ??!?!?!?

way Cooool

A rocket with an Eddie Van Halen paint scheme ??!?!?!?

way Cooool

Thanks! It gets a lot of looks out at the field. I've been told over and over to rename it Kramer.

I just might. Considering OSD stands for One Shot Deal and it's flown three times.

BZZZZZZZZZZT!!!

Entry period has officially closed!

Poll to be posted shortly!

Thanks for all who entered!

Back