Master Blaster's on SciFi

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rstaff3

Oddroc-eteer
Reaction score
Was just watching the finale of Battlestar Gallactica, and saw a clip of a new series called Master Blasters. Looked like a HPR rocket going nuts and flopping around, and maybe saw Bruce Lee. Did anyone else see it? I'll look at the SciFi website later.

I saw it! That was definitely Bruce! Looks cool:cool: Darn fine episode of Battlestar huh:eek:

Yup, it was good. And the next season starts in summer :)

Master Blasters, a half-hour weekly documentary-style show produced by First Television, pits teams of amateur rocket scientists against each other in a race to design, build and launch some bizarre things into orbit, from rocket-bolstered La-Z-Boys to fuel-injected Mini Coopers. :)

Originally posted by rstaff3
Master Blasters, a half-hour weekly documentary-style show produced by First Television, pits teams of amateur rocket scientists against each other in a race to design, build and launch some bizarre things into orbit, from rocket-bolstered La-Z-Boys to fuel-injected Mini Coopers. :)

Sounds interesting, but will it convey the message we'd like? Or is all publicity good publicity? I guess wait for the show and decide.

I saw that too. I was lying down, but when I saw it, I sat bolt upright with an interested-puppy look on my face. Looks cool. Lots of somke and the potential for some CATOs (mmm, things that go boom...)

I must also agree on the episode of Battlestar Galactica: that was excellent. It was a real cliff-hanger. Now I really want to see the new episodes in July. I wasn't much of a fan of the original episodes, but I am hooked on these new ones. Supurb job there at SciFi. Even my dad and stepmom, who tend not to watch scifi stuff are hooked.
Reed

I've been following it rather closely,too.Haven't missed a second of it including tonights.I was just a kid when the original ran and even though I enjoyed it's own unique charm I have to admit I like this better.
You know it's gotta be good because this and Deadwood are the only drama type shows I watch.How's THAT for a contradiction?
BTW the Master Blaster thing got my attention,too.Sadly not all publicity is good.I don't see a new gun club opening up every time someone decides to pop a cap in someone else if you know what I mean.We'll see I reckon.

Originally posted by Rob Fisher
I saw it! That was definitely Bruce! Looks cool:cool: Darn fine episode of Battlestar huh:eek:

Wow. Sure beats the SNOT out of "Who shot J.R.?"!

As for the Master Blaster, at this point, I'm tired of people asking me "Isn't that a lot of effort and money to only get one shot? I mean, they blow up, right?"

WW

Originally posted by rstaff3
Sounds interesting, but will it convey the message we'd like? Or is all publicity good publicity? I guess wait for the show and decide.

Trust me, one of the principles on the show is very aware of the need to make sure it portrays the hobby well. He'll do everything he can to keep it positive.

Latest posts

Back