• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Lot For Sale $6800 firm

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone is interested in buying and immediately splitting the lot, count me in. I'm interested in the Estes Pro Series stuff, at a minimum.

Why is that unfair? You can ask whatever price you want. You are selling hobby rocket kits, not water in a heat wave or transportation out of an emergency. You are NOT taking advantage of anyone by asking a high price. If you tried to buy all the supply of a rare kit with the intention of jacking up prices you could get into unethical behavior. In this case you have sitting inventory from your build pile which took time, energy and money to store properly. I see nothing unfair about selling these at whatever price you like. As others keep noting, the market for batches of kits is much more limited than selling individually.
His point is that he would rather someone buy, build and fly a given rocket that he likes. But if someone else buys it for more than the first person can afford, then sits on the kit until it becomes "vintage" (aka old), so he can sell it at a higher price, that is a disappointment to the first flier who is just wanting to fly a cool rocket.

Y'all are also thinking like a business buyer who needs to make a profit. He is looking for a buyer who wants to buy at a reasonable price (not overpriced, and not trying to steal it) and enjoy building and flying them. The problem here is that few single buyers & fliers can buy that much.

Would someone please correct me. Did I put rocket kits for sale or rocket “lot” for sale? I thought for sure I put rocket lot for sale. And someone asked did you buy from a brick and mortar going out of business sale? NO! I bought like everyone else dose at a hobby shop or on line vender. As far as the boxes being full, I bought moving boxes at Home Depot to store them upright to protect the body tubes.

I don't doubt that this is a great deal for what is being offered (pretty amazing collection) but I think selling a gigantic lot like this is going to be a real challenge. Most likely, the eventual buyer (if there is one) will split it up and sell it off in smaller lots.

Splitting it up into smaller lots can be a lot of work for the seller, but I do think that'll improve the chances of moving the stuff.

Either way, good luck to the OP.

Would someone please correct me. Did I put rocket kits for sale or rocket “lot” for sale? I thought for sure I put rocket lot for sale. And someone asked did you buy from a brick and mortar going out of business sale? NO! I bought like everyone else dose at a hobby shop or on line vender. As far as the boxes being full, I bought moving boxes at Home Depot to store them upright to protect the body tubes.
The sharks smell blood in the water and are circling! Unfortunately, the sharks only want the big fish, not the schools of small fish.

Ignore the silly comments from those who don't read. Work just the deals you want. Don't let the bad ones get you down.

the problem is this: Most individuals won't drop 6800 on a collection of kits - especially one with doubles, triples and even more repeats of rockets they may or may not like
The most likely buyer is a vendor (like me or others mentioned in the thread) who would buy it to part out in our stores over a VERY long time. That ties up my capital. Plus I've gotta sort it out and figure out some sort of tactics to sell it all.
So now you're competing against my wholesaler, who lets me come in, look at his warehouse, pick what I want and how many, and leave. All at wholesale prices, and I only get what I want, and how many I want.
That's why i said $3400 for the whole lot - so I'm not paying more then wholesale for a kit I can get wholesale, pay for my opportunity lost (due to having that much tied up in estes kits) plus put some value to my time (getting the kits, inventorying the kits, coming up with strategy and worrying how I'll sell that many kits)

Unfortunately, collections are rarely worth what we think they are. There has to be a buyer at that price point who is capable of actually doing the transaction. The larger the collection, the more difficult to find a buyer.

I say that having quite a large collection of kits that I'll probably never sell for what i have in them. I have pretty much every fliskit ever produced....including many with low serial numbers signed by Jim Flis.

you're best bet to maximize your ROI is to part out the collection. You've already got people interested in some (that they know are valuable) Anyhow, good luck!

The sharks smell blood in the water and are circling! Unfortunately, the sharks only want the big fish, not the schools of small fish.

Ignore the silly comments from those who don't read. Work just the deals you want. Don't let the bad ones get you down.
That's a gross oversimplification.

the problem is this: Most individuals won't drop 6800 on a collection of kits - especially one with doubles, triples and even more repeats of rockets they may or may not like
The most likely buyer is a vendor (like me or others mentioned in the thread) who would buy it to part out in our stores over a VERY long time. That ties up my capital. Plus I've gotta sort it out and figure out some sort of tactics to sell it all.
So now you're competing against my wholesaler, who lets me come in, look at his warehouse, pick what I want and how many, and leave. All at wholesale prices, and I only get what I want, and how many I want.
That's why i said $3400 for the whole lot - so I'm not paying more then wholesale for a kit I can get wholesale, pay for my opportunity lost (due to having that much tied up in estes kits) plus put some value to my time (getting the kits, inventorying the kits, coming up with strategy and worrying how I'll sell that many kits)

Unfortunately, collections are rarely worth what we think they are. There has to be a buyer at that price point who is capable of actually doing the transaction. The larger the collection, the more difficult to find a buyer.

I say that having quite a large collection of kits that I'll probably never sell for what i have in them. I have pretty much every fliskit ever produced....including many with low serial numbers signed by Jim Flis.

you're best bet to maximize your ROI is to part out the collection. You've already got people interested in some (that they know are valuable) Anyhow, good luck!
I (and I think many others here) agree with everything you said. But we're all just repeating ourselves. The OP is either thinking about what we've said and taking it into consideration or ignoring our advice/input.

I have had several individuals that look at that lot and said WOW nice collection. Thank you. I have had a couple of individuals say, for one person to buy the whole lot that’s a lot of money for one person to spend then try to flip the kits. There is no room for profit. I get it and understand very well. Now it’s my turn. I’m assuming you drive a car. I’m assuming you bought it from a dealer. Now did you walk into the dealer and say? You have a beautiful brand new car on your lot loaded with features. Nice car but what you’re asking for the car is more than I can afford even though the price dropped $5000 it’s to much for one person to afford it. You now tell the dealer, If I buy this car, take it home, advertise it to flip it, there is no room for a profit. I’ll tell you what. I’m interested in buying just the tires and rims off the car for a lot less than what they are worth so I can jack up the price and flip them and make a profit. What dose the dealer suppose to do with the rest of the car? After the dealer had a few choice words with you he then told you, “Have a nice day”. I get your point and it is well taken but maybe a group can get together and split the lot and walk away with 30 or even 40 kits each person including a couple PSII kits per person. I’m hoping somebody can buy the whole collection weather it’s one individual or a groupe.

I have had several individuals that look at that lot and said WOW nice collection. Thank you. I have had a couple of individuals say, for one person to buy the whole lot that’s a lot of money for one person to spend then try to flip the kits. There is no room for profit. I get it and understand very well. Now it’s my turn. I’m assuming you drive a car. I’m assuming you bought it from a dealer. Now did you walk into the dealer and say? You have a beautiful brand new car on your lot loaded with features. Nice car but what you’re asking for the car is more than I can afford even though the price dropped $5000 it’s to much for one person to afford it. You now tell the dealer, If I buy this car, take it home, advertise it to flip it, there is no room for a profit. I’ll tell you what. I’m interested in buying just the tires and rims off the car for a lot less than what they are worth so I can jack up the price and flip them and make a profit. What dose the dealer suppose to do with the rest of the car? After the dealer had a few choice words with you he then told you, “Have a nice day”. I get your point and it is well taken but maybe a group can get together and split the lot and walk away with 30 or even 40 kits each person including a couple PSII kits per person. I’m hoping somebody can buy the whole collection weather it’s one individual or a groupe.
That's an interesting perspective, but at the end of the day you're still holding onto all the rocket kits that you want to get rid of. And honestly, you'll still be holding onto them a couple of years from now the way this is going.

Well, here's the thing. The fellow is facing an illness/disability and needs rid of it. Many see the opportunity for him to make more money selling them individually, or moving them more quickly by having a "garage sale". But he's saying he can't support this due to his misfortune. I wonder if those who are close enough could perhaps go over and help him have a garage sale or assist him handling this as he sees fit, according to some of our suggestions. Would the availability of of a few helpers make a difference, @flyingeagle?

Don’t take me wrong in here. A lot of people are trying to help with suggestions and I appreciate that and thank you. I just feel some of the individuals in here just want to buy them and make a 150% profit from the lot. I bought them over time to build, fly and just have fun. Now it’s time to pass the torch and let someone enjoy them and have fun. That’s what any hobby is about. Having fun. Not trying to fill your pockets with a profit. This is whats killing this hobby. Trying to fill the merchants pockets. I don’t care what happens to these kits once they’re sold. Glue them all together and build one big rocket. Dump them in one big pile, dump gasoline on them and burn them. Once they’re sold I am out of the hobby. If you can buy these rockets cheaper somewhere else, well good luck. Don’t forget when you buy them there is S&H that can cost up to $18 or more depending where you buy them on line.. Some S&H is less. Oh don’t forget there are Taxes too. So good luck. For what I’m selling the lot for I feel like I’m being a penny pincher now. I have dropped the price on the lot to sell it. $6800.00 US Dollars

Most people don't go to a car dealership and buy the same car multiple times. Or even the entire lot of cars and park them. Your not talking one or two rockets. You have close to 400 kits and items. I've been flying actively since 1996. I've owned maybe 100 rockets in my lifetime. I wish you nothing but the best of luck , keep it advertised. There have been a couple other individuals over the years on here selling lots like yours. 👍

I will miss the people in here once I’m out of the hobby. I want to thank those people that helped me with the passing of my little best friend and partner in life last June 2023. Everyone’s point is well taken. I have one of my kits I bought for around $35.00. It’s now out of production and the starting price is now $90 just to buy it on line. You want me to sell these kits individually so be it. I will now ask $70 for that kit and double my money. I guarantee that it will sell quicker than the person that’s selling it for $90. If that’s what everyone wants, so be it. Now you would get less for more money. Get the picture?

I have one of my kits I bought for around $35.00. It’s now out of production and the starting price is now $90 just to buy it on line. You want me to sell these kits individually so be it. I will now ask $70 for that kit and double my money. I guarantee that it will sell quicker than the person that’s selling it for $90. If that’s what everyone wants, so be it. Now you would get less for more money. Get the picture?
You have said that everyone's suggestions are well-taken, but then when you post something like this I think maybe they are not.

WOW what a pain in the a** to try to sell something.
Unclear why you would think that selling an unbreakable $6800 collection of rockets would be straightforward or easy.

Once again, good luck on selling this stuff. I always feel bad when I see someone completely selling out of the hobby, but I get it.

I’m glad you made money on your rims. That worked out well. Speaking of rims I have two bran new OEM rims 20” in a box for a 2016 RAM 1500 Big Horn. The dealer wants an incredible $895 a rim. I am asking $400 each. From what my mechanic told me to sell them for $500 each. Oh No I did it again. Now this will start another debate argument.

I will be back later people. I have to get busy on selling this stuff. Yes I agree it will be hard to sell the whole lot but I will try anyway. Thanks

@flyingeagle, there are a few people in this thread that have said they will 1. drive to your location, and 2. give you money for some of what you're selling. I'd take what you can get... otherwise I think you'll be waiting for a looong time for $6800. Best luck.

At least trying to sell the whole lot together first is a hell of a lot easier than trying to sell each one individually. Being ill in the first place can make it much more challenging to list the item, contact the buyer, continue contact until shipped, obtain shipping materials, pack the item, and then ship the item. I did that years ago, on Rocketry Planet and E-Bay. I had lots of OOP items that sold for unbelievable amounts of money which made it worthwhile for me. Now 24 years later I still have a couple kits left here and don't have any ambition at all to sell them thinking about what I have to go through to sell them.
Give flyingeagle a break already,

Back