Looking for info to clone Estes Stinger

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Greetings! I've been trying to dig up some info on a rocket that I'd like to clone. Stinger is a rocket that Estes produced in the late 80's to early 90's I had one in my childhood years and thought it would be nice to build another one. It had a diameter of .98, was just over 12" tall and had streamer recovery. I remember the basic shape but I was hoping to clone it exactly if possibile. Does anyone have any info on it's dimensions that they would be willing to share with me?

Greetings! I've been trying to dig up some info on a rocket that I'd like to clone. Stinger is a rocket that Estes produced in the late 80's to early 90's I had one in my childhood years and thought it would be nice to build another one. It had a diameter of .98, was just over 12" tall and had streamer recovery. I remember the basic shape but I was hoping to clone it exactly if possibile. Does anyone have any info on it's dimensions that they would be willing to share with me?

The Stinger's (#1905) plans can be found at Ye Olde Rocket Pans. They also include a copy of the fin pattern and decals. Check with Sandman at Excelsiorrocketry.com, he may have the decals there. Good luck

Thanks for all of your help. I really appreciate it. I am just getting back into rocketry again. I've been out of it for about 12 years, and I have to say a lot has changed since then. Thanks again I'm looking forward to cloning my new Stinger as well as a few others on the sites you have given me. :D

I'm working on the decals. They aren't hard I just need to find the time to redraw them.

Thanks. I might also pick up a set of Der V-3 decals if you have them. I have to rebuild mine, it lawn darted a few weeks back. The body tube was totally destroyed.

Back