LOC MMA-2 38mm to 29mm adapter - replacement thrust ring?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billdz

Reaction score
Hello,

I've successfully been using a LOC MMA-2 cardboard adapter for about 3 years. Even though the thrust ring was epoxied on, at yesterday's launch somehow the thrust ring broke loose during a flight. Both the rest of the adapter and the motor of course then slid up the rocket, but fortunately no damage, except the lost thrust ring. I'm surprised this happened, as I've never before seen 2 cardboard objects epoxied together come apart.

Does anyone have any ideas for replacing the thrust ring in a more sturdy manner? I know some folks make the ring by just wrapping several layers of tape around the end of the tube, but I'm not sure this is the best method.

Thanks,
Bill

Attachments

• loc adapter.jpg
    loc adapter.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 23
Masking tape works great. I've had the same issue with the epoxied thrust ring coming off.

Masking tape works great. I've had the same issue with the epoxied thrust ring coming off.
Thanks for the reply, good to know masking tape works. How wide is the tape you use?

Back