Loc caliber instructions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thor's are very cool in that the squared off edges between the fins causes a characteristic whistle when you launch it. Even the 24 mm little thor can do this.

I don't understand (how ignorant am I?) - is the vinyl decal even glossier than the black paint? Cannot the decal be trimmed a bit short, then feather the two 'blacks' so they meld? Also, are the two Thors that different (I do want one, the 4"/54mm MMT version)? My cluelessness has no bounds. . .
The original Thor kits were the same size motor mount. I had a SBR Thor at one point but gave it away to a club member. The black on the wrap I had was like a very dark grey nearing black and it was quite glossy so if you painted the nose, even with a gloss coat, it was quite noticeable from at least 10 feet away. The fin and black bar decals on the original also did not have a bright yellow backing like the current ones do, they were cut vinyl because the yellow color that a Thor should be painted is a darkish yellow, similar to the color an Estes/LOC Goblin is, not lemon yellow.

Scott @ Fusion designs great looking kits, however he cuts corners with the 3D printed nose cones and tube couplers which weaken the design substantially, even after coating the parts in epoxy in the instructions (tried it on his Scud kit, nose cone still broke in half easily when it fell on the floor). If those were normal parts like every other manufacturer, the kits would be top notch. My last kit was a little BT60 Thor and I had to source a coupler and nose that would fit his odd-sized tubing to get away from the printed ones.
Are the fusion tubing sizes compatible with BSD tubing? specifically 3" tubing, which is an odd size from BSD.

Latest posts

Back