Live in the Southwest and looking to HPR cert or fly during COVID restrictions...? Head to FAR!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rend and Mend

Reaction score
Hey Group,

With COVID-19 restrictions in place, and most launch events shutdown, finding a place to fly can be a real hassle... and finding a place to certify HPR can be a bigger hassle. If you live in the Southwest of the United States there is a solution. Three letters. FAR.

I recently got my Tripoli Level 1 cert at FAR and the place is legit. They launch way out in the Mojave Desert by Koehn Dry Lake Bed. You of course have to wear a mask and social distance but the people that run the organization and everyone else that launches there are really good people.

Here's a video of my successful L1 cert below in case you want to check it out... and I'd like to thank Rick Maschek, Eric Beckner and Mark Holthaus and everybody else at FAR for making it a really great day.

FAR has their launches twice a month on Saturdays.

For more info on FAR head to their website below.

https://friendsofamateurrocketry.org/
It's a place for ALL people looking to fly EX, Commercial, HPR, MPR and LPR. Big or small.

So if you've got a rocket you want to fly. Head to FAR. A great organization that I wish I heard about sooner :)

-Rend and Mend

Last edited:
Back