LiquidFyre Rocketry Update.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ravenex

TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
I’ve been meaning to post an update for quite a while but it seems one thing after another has been getting in the way. First, for those are who are wondering my dad is still doing alright, he had a recurrence but after another surgery and more chemo his tumor is stable again. Thank you to everyone for the well wishes.

My production difficulties are ongoing and I am still not shipping new product. First it was a difficulty with getting shrouds molded, my dad helps with that and we stopped making product again due to his recurrence. Then as we were getting back to molding carbon Covid hit and has effectively cut me off from some of the equipment I use for secondary processes. I am still not sure when I will be able to restart things, it will depend a lot on the course of the pandemic and my dad’s health. I am sorry to those whose orders stalled out due to this, once I am shipping products I will be emailing all of you to try to make this right.

I have also decided that once I restart, I will be simplifying my offerings. The Mobius Mini camera is superior to the 808 and original Mobius in most every way. I also have it available in the widest range of sizes. So, I will be discontinuing the 808 and Mobius products. I will check my inventory and make what I have left available for sale. I will keep the molds and tooling for these sizes so if you already have a mount in a rocket and want a new shroud for another rocket, I will be able to make them as a special. But I will not be stocking the cameras or making the carriers for these any longer.

I am also working on some new product ideas that I hope will generate a lot of interest. The components for these new products will be purchased in a finish state so that they won’t rely on secondary processes or my access to outside equipment. Because I will just be kitting and selling these new products, I expect they will not have the same issues with production and shipping delays. Both of these new products are inspired by a project I’m dreaming up that would involve clusters and air starts and my concerns about making it as safe and clean as possible.

The first new product is a safety switch designed specifically for second stages / air starts / head end ignition. Anywhere that your electronics will ignite your motor, and also in some ejection setups this switch is designed to improve safety and prevent firing from mistakes or failures. More information here: https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/liquidfyre-rocketry-switch.162384/

The other product I am working on is a reusable head end ignition closure with built in static discharge protection. I will post a thread on this one shortly and update this thread.

I would really appreciate feedback on both of these in their respective threads.

Back